Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output to a file in java
Top Forums Programming Output to a file in java Post 302362008 by varontron on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 05:31:14 PM
Old 10-14-2009
not entirely sure, but I think you can't transform a DOM Document into a stream result without serializing it first.

look at the docs for org.apache.xml.serializer.DOMSerializer;

here's some code fragments that may be helpful.

Code:
public static Serializer getSerializer()
	{
		Properties props = OutputPropertiesFactory.getDefaultMethodProperties("xml");
		ser = SerializerFactory.getSerializer(props);
		return ser;
	}

os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
ros = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
getSerializer().setOutputStream(os);
DOMSerializer dser = getSerializer().asDOMSerializer();
dser.serialize(document);
is = new ByteArrayInputStream(os.toByteArray());
source = new StreamSource(is);
result = new StreamResult(ros);

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lslpp output for Java package

Hi , in the process of installing HBA's(IBM 6228's) for AIX 6F1 which was recently upgdared to 5.3 ML1 after the upgrade lppchk -v output displays the following. >lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Student37
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interpreting java output stream as system commands in Solaris

Hi there again, Running Solaris 10 with built-in Java. Seems to compile and run fine. Problem is: Say I want to see contents of current directory. In a shell, I'd just write "ls" and it outputs the content. When I write a Java file, I have the following line: System.out.println("ls"); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging Remote SSH command (cannot log a java output)

Hi all I'm creating a script that runs a few commands on some boxes and everything can be logged EXCEPT the java -version command, there doesn't seem to be any output... Can anyone help explain why this does not work? Do I need to do something extra to append the output from the java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with call of Java Programm & return code handling & output to several streams.

Hello Everybody, thanks in advance for spending some time in my problem. My problem is this: I want to call a java-Programm out of my shell skript, check if die return code is right, and split the output to the normal output and into a file. The following code doesn't work right, because in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danifunny
2 Replies

6. AIX

Any file to differentiate JAVA JRE and JAVA JDK

Folks, Any idea of where can I find a specific file to differentiate JRE and Java JDK installed on AIX platform :cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellcisco
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading output returned to OS from java program.

I am writing one shell script in which there is one Java program call. I want to stop execution of shell script ahead of java program if the java program returns 1 . How to read that value of java program from OS ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParthThakkar
3 Replies

8. Programming

Running java script from piped output

to run most other scripts through a pipe, something similar to the following is usually enough: cat script.sh | sh cat perl.pl | perl -- "<arguments" However, for javascript command line scripts, i cant seem to get this to work. Any ideas? cat hull.js #!/usr/bin/js ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supress java error output to shell

Hello, I know this isn't exactly a shell script question but I'm not sure where else to post it. I am running a java program out of a shell script. There are times when I get an error like, "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 22 at blah, blah at blah, blah ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
jconsole(1)						      General Commands Manual						       jconsole(1)

NAME
jconsole - J2SE Monitoring and Management Console SYNOPSIS
jconsole [ options ] [ pid | [ host:port ... ] ] PARAMETERS
pid Process ID of a Java VM that was started with -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote option on the same machine. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. host:port Host name on which the Java VM is running and the port number through which the Java VM's JMX Connector is published. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. DESCRIPTION
The jconsole command launches a graphical console tool that enables you to monitor and manage Java applications and virtual machines on a local or remote machine. NOTE- This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-interval=n Set the update interval to n seconds (default is 4 seconds) -notile Do not tile windows initially (for two or more connections) -version Output version information abd exit. -help Output help message and exit. SEE ALSO
Monitoring and Management for Java Platform at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/index.html 06 Feb 2004 jconsole(1)