Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple if statements in script and unexpected end of file Post 302362002 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 05:01:58 PM
Old 10-14-2009
1. you can exit early

2. you can nest if-then blocks
Code:
if  xxxxxxx
then
     if   yyyyyyyy
     then
          aaaaaaaaa
     else
          bbbbbbbbbb
     fi
fi

You can have a series of if then blocks:
Code:
if xxxxx
then
     aaaaaaaaa
fi 
if ddddddd
then
     ccccccc
else
     xxxxxxxxx
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

what do u mean by " 'end of file' unexpected "? i am running a script called "s1" which internally calls "s2" now s1 starts running & at a point (where it is suppose to call "s2") i get a message 'end of file' unexpected.... & my script(s) are not working.. any ideas on this? regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

This is the script path=/oracle/ora10gdb/sample archive=/oracle/ora10gdb/archive cd $path for i in `ls`;do mv $i $archive Done Please tell me why it is givind this error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HELP PLEASE!! I am running this script, and i keep getting the error 'end of file' unexpected. I know that usually means parenthesis or whatever is out of place but i cant find anything!! I am new to scripting and i put some "print" staements in and it is not getting past the first IF statment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: weatherman0516
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script syntax error: unexpected end of file

Need help. I cannot find the reason for this error: here is the script (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file, why?

I am getting a "line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file", why? According to my estimate, line 47 is 2 lines after the last line of code here. Also, the $1 variable represents the current user logging in, and the script runs with root privileges (This is a Mac OS login hook script using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file

Hi, On adding below code to my script shows the error on executing else script works fine. sqlplus $user_name/$password <<EOL truncate table order; commit; truncate table order_hist; commit; insert into order(ID,TRAN,CUST_NAME,OPT_VAL) select * from order_bkp; insert into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Unexpected end of file" on a very simple script!!!

Well, this is a very crazy issue, and I'm scratching my head to find a solution. This is a simple code to tranfer a file, in my main script I need to add a conditional statement (IF/THEN) like the below example: #!/bin/bash if ; then ftp -inv "192.168.1.10" << EOFTP user... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

I dont know where I missed the double quotes .:wall:pls review this code and help me out . m1: line 26: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' m1: line 34: syntax error: unexpected end of file echo "script is created by prabhu Kumar "; echo "changing the directory to wes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
2 Replies
rdjpgcom(1)							   User Commands						       rdjpgcom(1)

NAME
rdjpgcom - display text comments from a JPEG file SYNOPSIS
rdjpgcom [-verbose] [filename] DESCRIPTION
rdjpgcom reads the named JPEG or JFIF file, or the standard input if no file is named, and displays any text comments found in the file on the standard output. The JPEG standard allows "comment" (COM) blocks to occur within a JPEG file. Although the standard does not actually define the intended function of COM blocks, they are widely used to hold user-supplied text strings. This enables you to add annotations, titles, index terms, and so on to your JPEG files, and later retrieve the COM blocks as text. COM blocks do not interfere with the image stored in the JPEG file. The maximum size of a COM block is 64K, but you can have many COM blocks in one JPEG file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -verbose Causes rdjpgcom to also display the JPEG image dimensions. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the JPEG file that contains text comments. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
rdjpgcom does not depend on the IJG JPEG library. The rdjpgcom source code is intended to illustrate the minimum amount of code required to parse a JPEG file header correctly. In -verbose mode, rdjpgcom also attempts to display the contents of any "APP12" markers as text. Some digital cameras produce APP12 markers that contain useful textual information. You can also modify the source code to display other APPn marker types. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWjpg | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cjpeg(1), djpeg(1), jpegtran(1), wrjpgcom(1) NOTES
This man page was originally written by the Independent JPEG Group. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 26 Mar 2004 rdjpgcom(1)