Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting IF $USER is not in this list of users, then do this Post 302361985 by glev2005 on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 03:36:21 PM
Old 10-14-2009
What does $? indicate? What is this the varible of?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su - user... how to find out the list of users and their passwords..

hi, to do a su - user, we need to know what are the users... so in unix 1) which file to see the list of users, passwords? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. AIX

Script allows user to kill other users: I'd like to know HOW...

Hello list, Have a problem that's highlighting gaps in my knowledge; can you assist? We have a script that's tacked onto our trading application which allows branch managers etc. to kill off the sessions of other users at their branch. A menu option in the application spawns a shell running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
8 Replies

3. AIX

cloning users access with different user name

Hi! this would be my first time to post here in this forums, hope you can help me with my queries. i would like to create a different user name but have the same access rights. Example: root > rootbaby. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HPL1706
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User Name and Password List/adding and removing users.

Hello everyone and let me start off by thanking anyone who can help with this. I work for a company that uses Unix as one of their servers. I'm not at all familar with Unix beyond logging after I restart the server:rolleyes: I'm looking for some command that will bring me up a list of current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: disgracedsaint
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to ignore the user from list of users

Hi, I have a situation where I want to ignore few users from list of users and print rest of user in log file. say, I want to ignore aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd .. ppp from list of 20 user (do not want to include) What is the good command or any script? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list of users

Hello!Does anybody know how to solve this script: ,,write a shell script which displays a list of names of users who have created files "*. c" in the last day."? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theodoraa
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to switch to other users using su -user from root

Hi all, I have a small problem. When I log in as root and try to switch to any other user using su -user, then it is giving an error saying libncurses.so permission denied. Can you help me? Thank you in advance. Sai. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to find the user id of all users in UNIX

I need to find all the unix user id's of all the users in unix... is there any such command... pl help out (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users list

Hi i would like to know were the folder that contain file with list of all users ? And were i can learn about what kind of folder i have and wheat they have inside? question 2. when i write ls -a i see all directories and then i choose for example Documents and inside Documents i typed again... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iliya24
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the Manager of Users in AD - Using list- Get-ADuser

Is there any command that can used in Linux that export usernames and their manager's name from AD using bash shell script? I know this can be done using powershell but I need to use Linux for this procedure. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies
gnopernicus(1)                                                     User Commands                                                    gnopernicus(1)

NAME
gnopernicus, srcore - integrated screen reader and magnifier. gnopernicus includes a graphical configuration interface SYNOPSIS
gnopernicus [-?|--help] [--usage] [-d|--default] [-b|--enable-braille] [-B|--disable-braille] [-s|--enable-speech] [-S|--disable-speech] [-m|--enable-magnifier] [-M|--disable-magnifier] [-o|--enable-braille-monitor] [-O|--disable-braille-monitor] [-l|--login] [-p|--braille-port ttyS[1..4]] [-e|--braille-device DEVICE_NAME] [] srcore [-?|--help] [--usage] [-B|--disable-braille] [-s|--enable-speech] [-S|--disable-speech] [-m|--enable-magnifier] [-M|--disable-magnifier] [-o|--enable-braille-monitor] [-O|--disable-braille-monitor] [-p|--braille-port ttyS[1..4]] [-e|--braille-device DEVICE_NAME] [-c|--settings-dir PATH] [-z|--magnification-zoom [1..16]] [-i|--magnification-invert] [-u|--magnification-horizontal-split] [-l|--login] [-t|--magnification-mouse-tracking [CENTERED, PROPORTION, PUSH, NONE]] [-f|--magnification-focus-tracking [AUTO, CENTERED, NONE]] (generic GNOME parameters: [--gdk-debug=FLAGS] [--gdk-no-debug=FLAGS] [--display=DISPLAY] [--screen=SCREEN] [--sync] [--name=NAME] [--class=CLASS] [--gtk-debug=FLAGS] [--gtk-no-debug=FLAGS] [--g-fatal-warnings] [--gtk-module=MODULE] [--oaf-ior-fd=FD] [--oaf-activate-iid=IID] [--oaf-private] [--disable-sound] [--enable-sound] [--espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT] [--version] [--sm-client-id=ID] [--sm-config-prefix=PREFIX] [--sm-disable] [--disable-crash-dialog] [--load-modules=MODULE1,MODULE2,...] DESCRIPTION
Gnopernicus is an assistive technology for the JDS platform which facilitates use by persons with various degrees of visual impairment. It supports software speech, refreshable braille displays, and focus-tracking onscreen magnification. For more information please see the Gnopernicus online help section of the JDS Help system, under the Applications/Documents/Gnopernicus Manual section heading OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --?|--help show help message ---usage display brief usage message --d|--default launch Gnopernicus with default settings --b|--enable-braille enable braille service --B|--disable-braille disable braille service --s|--enable-speech enable speech service --S|--disable-speech disable speech service --m|--enable-magnifier enable magnifier service --M|--disable-magnifier disable magnifier service --o|--enable-braille-monitor enable braille monitor service --O|--disable-braille-monitor disable braille monitor service --l|--login used when users want to launch Gnopericus at login time --p|--braille-port=ttyS[1..4] specify serial port for braille (ttyS) --e|--braille-device=DEVICE_NAME specify Braille Device The following srcore options are supported: --?|--help show help message ---usage display brief usage message -b|--enable-braille enable braille service --B|--disable-braille disable braille service --s|--enable-speech enable speech service --S|--disable-speech disable speech service --m|--enable-magnifier enable magnifier service --M|--disable-magnifier disable magnifier service --o|--enable-braille-monitor enable braille monitor service --O|--disable-braille-monitor disable braille monitor service --l|--login launch Gnopericus at login time --p|--braille-port=ttyS[1..4] specify serial port for braille (ttyS) --e|--braille-device=DEVICE_NAME specify braille device --c|--settings-dir PATH specify gconf settings file --z|--magnification-zoom [1..16] set the magnification zoom level --i|--magnification-invert reverse video magnification --u|--magnification-horizontal-split magnification with horizontal-split --t|--magnification-mouse-tracking [CENTERED, PROPORTION, PUSH, NONE] how mouse movement positions the zoomed region --f|--magnification-focus-tracking [AUTO, CENTERED, NONE] how widget focus positions the zoomed region The following options apply to GTK+: ---gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set ---g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal ---gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module The following options apply to TTS drivers: ---oaf-ior-fd=FD File descriptor to print IOR on (e.g.: freetts-synthesis-driver--oaf-ior-fd=30) ---oaf-activate-iid=IID IID to activate ---oaf-private Prevent registering of server with OAF GNOME Library option: ---disable-sound Disable sound server usage ---enable-sound Enable sound server usage ---espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT Host:port on which the sound server to use is running ---version Output application version Session management options: ---sm-client-id=ID Specify session management ID ---sm-config-prefix=PREFIX Specify prefix of saved configuration ---sm-disable Disable connection to session manager GNOME GUI Library options: ---disable-crash-dialog Disable crash dialog ---load-modules=MODULE1,MODULE2,... Dynamic modules to load gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting the screen reader with its graphical user interface, with speech and magnification modes example% gnopernicus --enable-speech --enable-magnifier Example 2: Starting the screen reader without its graphical user interface, with braille only, ouput to a VARIO40 device on port 1, in "login mode". This command line would be suitable for login by a blind user during the gdm login process (seeman gdm) example% srcore --enable-braille --braille-device VARIO40 --braille-port ttyS1 --login ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
GNOPERNICUS_LOG Debug message logging. The valid values for this environment varible are: "at-spi" - logs all the events received, processed and reported to user, except the events from terminal objects "gnopernicus" - logs all the events reported by Gnopernicus to the user "reentrancy" - logs all the events received from AT-SPI, events which are coming while another event is processed EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully 1 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/sfw/bin/srcore Executable for main screen reader functionality /usr/sfw/bin/gnopernicus Executable for graphical screen reader front-end, also launches /usr/sfw/bin/srcore /usr/share/gnopernicus/presentation/default.xml XML file defining the default presentation style used by braille, speech, and magnification modes of Gnopernicus for various types of GUI events and content /usr/share/gnopernicus/presentation/verbose.xml XML file defining a verbose presentation style used by braille, speech, and magnification modes of Gnopernicus for various types of GUI events and content ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-a11y-reader | | | | | |SUNWgnome-a11y-reader-root | | | | | |SUNWgnome-a11y-reader-share | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Gnopernicus online reference manual Latest version of the GNOME Accessibility Guide for your platform. Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gdm(1) gnome-std-options(5) magnifier(1)man page for standalone magnification service, may be used as an alternative to Gnopernicus for magnification only. NOTES
Written by Bill Haneman and Patrick Wade, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2005. SunOS 5.10 20 July 2005 gnopernicus(1)