Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server Post 302361964 by methyl on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 02:03:20 PM
Old 10-14-2009
Windows XP comes with ftp (but not sftp) but I assume that you prefer 3rd party product. You are using ftp from your unix server and I can't say whether it will work with "WinScp".

Maybe try putting "firewall" into the search box on this site gives some ideas:
WinSCP :: Download

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer files from Unix server to Windows using FTP

Dear Friend, I don't know much about unix.I am an VB6.0 Programmer.I need to move an text files as aaa.txt from unix server to windows "D: " driver using the FTP protocol.Is it possible to do this with help of unix shell script.If possible please give some sample codes. Please answer as early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjsaravanan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to ftp from windows server

Hello All, I've to write a shell script to transfer some files to/from windows server. I can put & get files simply by doing ftp but need to automate this. So I tried for this -. HOST=.hostname USER='username' PASSWD='***' ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa.rajput
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Linux to windows server by shell script

Hi, Please advice whether my below requirement is feasible, My requirement : Automated FTP from linux server to windows server using a shell script on every monday. If feasible, please help me how to do this ? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to ftp files from windows to unix

Hi , I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine.Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the forum i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to delete files on windows server

Hi experts, can anyone suggest me on the below: how to write a shell script to search and delete files on windows server. -script runs on unix box -it should search for specific files on windows server and delete them periodically. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpradeepch
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script to copy files from hp UNIX to windows server 2008

Need Shell Script to copy files from hp unix to windows server 2008 I tried to google and found some options but nothing worked I want a script to copy a file in unix to windows server so I can schedule the script on daily basis.Please help me its more needful for me. Let me know if any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky2Bv
4 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)