Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat No process ID for listening ports Post 302361901 by Padow on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 09:57:43 AM
Old 10-14-2009
These ports were actually part of NFS.

I added this to /etc/modprobe.conf to control the ports used so i can exclude them from scans:

options lockd nlm_tcpport=<PORT> nlm_udpport=<PORT>
Padow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP Listening Ports

Hello all, Can someone instruct me on how to change the listening port for ftp ( or any tcp service) from 21 to another port number? Thanks in advance.. -AJ (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobsa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix process that frees ports

Hello, I know that there is a unix system process that checks periodically the ports and if it finds any zombies then it frees them (the period is set by a kernel parameter). Can anyone tell me the name of the process and the kernel parameter ? Thanks :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FunnyCats
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What prot is a process listening on?

Hi, Bit of a newbie question . . . How can I detrimine what TCP port a particular process is listening on? TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Le Badger
2 Replies

4. Solaris

List TCP ports with process

Hello, One of our developers is asking for a command/script in Solaris similar to "netstat -anp" in Linux. He gave this output as an example: root@xxx:~# netstat -anp | grep LISTEN tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:7937 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 16082/nsrexecd tcp 0 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimes
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the process id of the process using the ports

Hi Any idea how to get the process id of the process using the ports lsof -i :portnumber does not work in my machine. I am on sun Solaris SPARC. Any suggestion is highly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinny
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes listening on Ports(Solaris)

Howdy Experts, This is my first post here and I am posting because I have not been able to find an answer for this question. How do you find out what process is listening on a given port? I do not have "lsof" available and how do we find this out without logging in as Root. I know that this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingaKoopa
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i list running process with the ports they are using?

How do i list the running process and also view the ports they are listening to at the same time? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mena
3 Replies

8. AIX

Process running but not listening

Hello guys I am experiencing a very strange behavior on one of our AIX servers. We have an application with several processes that listen on several port numbers. Sometimes we receive complains that people cannot connect to the server on a specific port that is used by one the application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding process that turned on ports

I have 2 identical solaris 10 servers that are simply apache servers, running a version of apache I installed. # uname -a SunOS wilber 5.10 Generic_147440-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 I did a netstat on one of the servers and see 2 ports that are on. These are only on on one of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

PID of listening ports

I ran 'sudo netstat -ntpl' and got the following without PID tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:2049 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN - tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:38977 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN - tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:34253 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt77
3 Replies
dc(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     dc(4)

Name
       dc - serial line/mouse/keyboard

Syntax
       device	 dc0  at ibus?	vector dcintr

Description
       The  serial line controller provides four ports, with modem control on two of the ports.  The DECstation 3100 and DECstation 2100 only pro-
       vide partial modem control.  The DECstation 5000 provides full modem control. The ports are used as follows:

Port	 Usage
       0	 Graphics device keyboard at 4800 BPS
       1	 Mouse or tablet at 4800 BPS
       2	 Communications port 1 (w/modem control)/local terminal
       3	 Communications port 2 (w/modem control)/local terminal

Each communication port from the serial line controller behaves as described in and can be set to run at any of 16 speeds.  For the  encod-
       ing, see

When  a	graphics device is not being used as the system console, communications port 2 becomes the system console.  In this configuration,
       the port can only be used at 9600 BPS and no modem control is supported.

The serial line driver operates in interrupt-per-character mode (all pending characters are flushed from the silo on each interrupt).

Restrictions
       Speed must be set to 9600 BPS on the console port and 4800 BPS on ports used by graphics devices.  The serial  line  driver  enforces  this
       restriction; that is, changing speeds with the command may not always work on these ports.

Files
       console terminal

local terminal

local terminal

See Also
       console(4), devio(4), tty(4), ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)

RISC								     dc(4)