Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Break lines up into single lines after each space in every line Post 302361869 by Amit.Sagpariya on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 09:11:41 AM
Old 10-14-2009
Code:
awk '{print $0}' RS=" " e.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining lines to single line in VI

Dear friends, In VI, I have these data shown below: Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 How can I JOIN these line to the first line? When I finished I should have: Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 is there a text length limit of how long a single line can be in VI? Thank you much! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break one line to many lines using awk

Break one line to many lines using awk The below code works but i want to implement without combining field 2 and 3 and then splitting i would like to do this in one command instead of writing multiple commands and creating multiple lines. nawk -F"|" '{print $1,$2SUBSEP$3}' OFS="|" file >... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

join lines on line break in files

i had a file where lines appear to be broken when they shouldn't eg Line 1. kerl abc sdskd sdsjkdlsd sdsdksd \ Line 2. ksdkks sdnjs djsdjsd i can do a shift join to combine the lines but i there are plenty of files with this issue Line 1. kerl abc sdskd sdsjkdlsd sdsdksd ksdkks sdnjs... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to Break lines to multiple lines.

Input File: nawk -F "|" '{ for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) { if (i == 2) {gsub(",","#",$i);z=split($i,a,"")} else if (i == 3) {gsub(",","#",$i);z=split($i,b,"")} } if(z > 0) for(i=1;i<=z;i++) print $1,a,"Test"; if(w > 0) for(j=1;j<=w;j++) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi lines to single line

HI, My input file contains the data as like below: A1234119993 B6271113 Bghjkjk A1234119992 B6271113hi Bghjkjkmkl the output i require is : A1234119993 B6271113 Bghjkjk A1234119992 B6271113hi Bghjkjkmkl Please help me in this. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing 2 lines by single line

Hi I have a file with below content : a b S I need to replace the lines which have a and b continuously by d. d S I have used the below code tr '\n' '#'<file|sed. 's/a#b/d/g's?|tr '#' '\n' where # is not occurring anywhere in the file.. Is there any other efficient way to do this? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write the lines in one single line

Hi, I need some iteration to do the following work. Sample: ANS|26-Jan-2012|26|MON|12536.1 ANS|26-Jan-2012|26|TUE|2536.1 ANS|26-Jan-2012|26|THUR|789.1 SED|26-Jan-2013|32|MON|258.1 SED|26-Jan-2013|32|TUE|369.1 SED|26-Jan-2013|32|THUR|2145.1 OUTPUT: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshaa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enumerate lines until each line break using awk

Hi, I have the following data: This this DT 0.99955 0 4 is be VBZ 1 5 7 sentence sentence NN 0.916667 8 16 one one NN 0.545078 17 20 . . Fp 1 20 21 This this DT 0.99955 22 26 is be VBZ 1 27 29 the the DT 1 30 33 second 2 JJ 0.930556 34 40 sentence sentence NN 0.916667 41 49... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owwow14
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break line content into multiple lines using delimiter

I need to break the line after every 3rd semi colon(;) using Unix shell scripting Input.txt ABC;DEF;JHY;LKU;QWE;BVF;RGHY; Output.txt ABC;DEF;JHY; LKU;QWE;BVF; RGHY; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meet_calramz
1 Replies
LGFILE(5)						      BP configuration files							 LGFILE(5)

NAME
lgfile - ION Load/Go source file DESCRIPTION
The ION Load/Go system enables the execution of ION administrative programs at remote nodes: The lgsend program reads a Load/Go source file from a local file system, encapsulates the text of that source file in a bundle, and sends the bundle to a designated DTN endpoint on the remote node. An lgagent task running on the remote node, which has opened that DTN endpoint for bundle reception, receives the extracted payload of the bundle -- the text of the Load/Go source file -- and processes it. Load/Go source file content is limited to newline-terminated lines of ASCII characters. More specifically, the text of any Load/Go source file is a sequence of line sets of two types: file capsules and directives. Any Load/Go source file may contain any number of file capsules and any number of directives, freely intermingled in any order, but the typical structure of a Load/Go source file is simply a single file capsule followed by a single directive. Each file capsule is structured as a single start-of-capsule line, followed by zero or more capsule text lines, followed by a single end- of-capsule line. Each start-of-capsule line is of this form: [file_name Each capsule text line can be any line of ASCII text that does not begin with an opening ([) or closing (]) bracket character. A text line that begins with a closing bracket character (]) is interpreted as an end-of-capsule line. A directive is any line of text that is not one of the lines of a file capsule and that is of this form: !directive_text When lgagent identifies a file capsule, it copies all of the capsule's text lines to a new file named file_name that it creates in the current working directory. When lgagent identifies a directive, it executes the directive by passing directive_text to the pseudoshell() function (see platform(3)). lgagent processes the line sets of a Load/Go source file in the order in which they appear in the file, so the directive_text of a directive may reference a file that was created as the result of processing a prior file capsule line set in the same source file. Note that lgfile directives are passed to pseudoshell(), which on a VxWorks platform will always spawn a new task; the first argument in directive_text must be a symbol that VxWorks can resolve to a function, not a shell command. Also note that the arguments in directive_text will be actual task arguments, not shell command-line arguments, so they should never be enclosed in double-quote characters ("). However, any argument that contains embedded whitespace must be enclosed in single-quote characters (') so that pseudoshell() can parse it correctly. EXAMPLES
Presenting the following lines of source file text to lgsend: [cmd33.bprc x protocol ltp ] !bpadmin cmd33.bprc should cause the receiving node to halt the operation of the LTP convergence-layer protocol. SEE ALSO
lgsend(1), lgagent(1), platform(3) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 LGFILE(5)