Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C++ ide
Top Forums Programming C++ ide Post 302361848 by mitan_shahverdy on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 08:11:59 AM
Old 10-14-2009
C++ ide

Hi,

I'm using command line for
editing(vi),
building(make),
debugging(gdb)
applications written in C++ .

To which IDE it is easyest/fastest to move such command-line project.

Seems that SlickEdit requires to do mass of settings to create its own project.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

IDE's for C++ and..ADA ?

I am looking for and IDE or at least a compiler that can handle calls from ADA to C++, including classes and whatnot. I am talking about the AIX platform (RS6000). I have tried Rational's ApexDuo but it sucks. Does anyone know a better solution ? Pure C++ compilers that are better than IBM's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seeker
0 Replies

2. Programming

C/C++ IDE for FreeBSD

Hi folks I'm looking for a easy-to-use C/C++ IDE to develop application for X-windows on FreeBSD (window manager is OpenBox, and I don't have KDE/Gnome installed)! Is there a good programming IDE for this?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tos
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

netbeans IDE on Hp-UX

Can netbeans IDE be installed and used on hp-ux? Sorry I know this is more java specific but does anybody have any experience with this? There does not seem to be any specific installation or support from netbeans. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: domestos
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shift hard disk from primary IDE channel to secondary IDE channal

Wellcomes All, some times ago I 've installed a Debian ditribution on an Hard Disk who was set as Primary Master. Few days ago, I 've decided to install another Hard Disk with a different Operating System. When I did that, I turned off the old hard disk, and I mouted the new one on the Primary IDE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thekarsillo
1 Replies

5. Linux

Any IDE's for Linux??

I know we are supposed to be using UNIX as a collection of tools but are there any big applications where I can run/test C programs without exposing the poor things to the outside world? :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treedroppings
3 Replies

6. AIX

IDE for C programs on AIX

Hi, I need an IDE for my C application based on AIX 5.3 is there any IDE that I could use directly in AIX or I have to use X window server to visualise it on windows? Thanks in advance Hasnaa (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteAlma
3 Replies
BTRACEBACK(1)					     Network backup, recovery and verification					     BTRACEBACK(1)

NAME
btraceback - wrapper script around gdb and bsmtp SYNOPSIS
btraceback /path/to/binary pid DESCRIPTION
btraceback is a wrapper shell script around the gdb debugger (or dbx on Solaris systems) and bsmtp, provided for debugging purposes. USAGE
btraceback is called by the exception handlers of the Bacula daemons during a crash. It can also be called interactively to view the cur- rent state of the threads belonging to a process, but this is not recommended unless you are trying to debug a problem (see below). NOTES
In order to work properly, debugging symbols must be available to the debugger on the system, and gdb, or dbx (on Solaris systems) must be available in the $PATH. If the Director or Storage daemon runs under a non-root uid, you will probably need to be modify the btraceback script to elevate privi- leges for the call to gdb/dbx, to ensure it has the proper permissions to debug when called by the daemon. Although Bacula's use of btraceback within its exception handlers is always safe, manual or interactive use of btraceback is subject to the same risks than live debugging of any program, which means it could cause Bacula to crash under rare and abnormal circumstances. Conse- quently we do not recommend manual use of btraceback in production environments unless it is required for debugging a problem. ENVIRONMENT
btracback relies on $PATH to find the debugger. FILES
/usr/lib/bacula/btraceback The script itself. /usr/sbin/btraceback symbolic link to /usr/lib/bacula/btraceback /etc/bacula/scripts/btraceback.gdb the GDB command batch used to output a stack trace AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Lucas B. Cohen <lbc@members.fsf.org> SEE ALSO
bsmtp(1) Kern Sibbald 6 December 2009 BTRACEBACK(1)