Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove a path from PATH environment variable Post 302361845 by zaxxon on Wednesday 14th of October 2009 08:06:51 AM
Old 10-14-2009
You can try this:
Code:
rmv="test/rmve"
PATH=$(echo $PATH| sed -e 's!'$rmv'!!' -e 's/::/:/')
echo "PATH:" $PATH
export PATH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How does the PATH and MANPATH environment variable get set?

Hi, How does the PATH and MANPATH environment variable get set? I want to add "/opt/SUNWspro/bin" to the search path for all the users. Where can I access this variable. I know in my home directory, depend on which shell I use, there are files such as .profile and .cshrc which I can edit to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path Environment Variable

Hi..... I'm kind of new to c programming in Unix...need help here. Supposed to write a source code to support Path environment variable for my programming assignment for Spring semester. but i'm kind of stuck. Could anyone out there assist me? prompt> /bin/ls My program could output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tancy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

:: in PATH environment variable

whats the meaning of :: colon in PATH environment? /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/gnu/bin::.:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/gnu/bin:/usr/local/bin and whats the meaning of // in PATH ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in getting the path of environment variable set in bashrc in my shell script

hi all i have joined new to the group. i have set an variable in my bashrc file. .bashrc PROGHOME=/home/braf/braf/prog export PROGHOME but while using it in my shell script its path is not taken and i had to explicitly give the export command to set the path. in my script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krithika
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path Environment

How do we change path environment? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehmetned
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a path in user's PATH variable

Hello Folks, I want to append a path in user's PATH variable which should be available in current session. Background Numerous persons will run a utility. Aim is to add the absolute path of the utility the first time it runs so that next runs have the PATH in env & users can directly run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path a variable to sed that includes a path

Hi I'm trying to select text between two lines, I'm using sed to to this, but I need to pass variables to it. For example start="BEGIN /home/mavkoup/data" end="END" sed -n -e '/${start}/,/${end}/g' doesn't work. I've tried double quotes as well. I think there's a problem with the / in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavkoup
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

PATH environment variable

PATH is an environment variable. When I open a terminal say terminal 1 and set some path in PATH variable it gets set which I can see using ech $PATH. But when I open a new terminal say terminal 2 and fire echo $PATH why cannot I see the same output as seen in terminal terminal 1? Why the path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to remove the directories from PATH variable

Hello, From the URL https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/121303-remove-path-path-environment-variable-2.html I got a function to remove the directories from a path. but looks like this isnt quite working.. i am also not able to post the comments in the thread as it is closed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishkumar432
6 Replies
scdsbuilder(1HA)					       Sun Cluster Commands						  scdsbuilder(1HA)

NAME
scdsbuilder - launch GUI version of Sun Cluster Agent Builder SYNOPSIS
scdsbuilder DESCRIPTION
The scdsbuilder command launches the GUI version of the Sun Cluster Agent Builder. Before you use Agent Builder, verify the following requirements: o The Java runtime environment is included in your $PATH variable. Agent Builder depends on the Java Development Kit, starting with Version 1.3.1. If the Java Development Kit is not included in your $PATH variable, the Agent Builder command (scdsbuilder) returns and displays an error message. o You have installed the Developer System Support software group of the Solaris 9 OS or Solaris 10 OS. o The cc compiler is included in your $PATH variable. Agent Builder uses the first occurrence of cc in your $PATH variable to identify the compiler with which to generate C binary code for the resource type. If cc is not included in $PATH, Agent Builder disables the option to generate C code. Note - You can use a different compiler with Agent Builder than the standard cc compiler. To use a different compiler, create a symbolic link in $PATH from cc to a different compiler, such as gcc. Or, change the compiler specification in the makefile (currently, CC=cc) to the com- plete path for a different compiler. For example, in the makefile that is generated by Agent Builder, change CC=cc to CC=pathname/gcc. In this case, you cannot run Agent Builder directly. Instead, you must use the make and make pkg commands to generate data service code and the package. EXIT STATUS
This command returns the following exit status codes: 0 The command completed succesfully. nonzero An error occurred. FILES
install_directory/rtconfig Contains information from the previous session. This information facilitates the tool's quit and restart feature. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), scdscreate(1HA), scdsconfig(1HA), attributes(5) Chapter 9, Sun Cluster Agent Builder, in Sun Cluster Data Services Developer's Guide for Solaris OS Sun Cluster 3.2 14 Sep 2007 scdsbuilder(1HA)