Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart issues, help please. Post 302361686 by deaconf19 on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 11:40:14 PM
Old 10-14-2009
everything looks correct but do have the hostname i stated below

do you have a hostname in /etc for it to look at ?

Code:
/etc/hostname.hme0 has the name amd1 in it

then you need the ip of the JS server in /etc/hosts
Code:
192.168.0.2 amd1 loghost

then make sure the followign files are correct in /etc
Code:
defaultrouter, netmasks, ethers

the ethers file needs the MAC address of the client and the hostname example
Code:
 00:03:ba:cd:c4:34 amd1

when you did ./check did you get a rules.ok file after that?

one thing in your bootparams it is different than what I use but that does not mean much here is mine

Code:
 test1 root=jumpstart:/jumpstart/solaris_10/sol10_u6/sparc/Solaris_10/Tools/Boot install=jumpstart:/jumpstart/solaris_10/sol10_u6/sparc boottype=:in sysid_config=10.0.1.3:/jumpstart/solairs_10 install_config=10.0.1.3:/jumpstart rootopts=rsize8192

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Jumpstart?

I have been asked to research Jumpstart and don't know where to begin! Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks! :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avana100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JumpStart

Hi, Which sites have general information on JumpStart for Solaris 8? I would like to know more about boot server, installation server, and configuration server.... and all other good things about JumpStart....Thanks..:p Doo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dookeobih
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JUmpstart on a pc

HI. i was wondering if you can jumpstart using the solaris intel platform? please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart

Hi, where can i find documention on how to create a jumpstart system? dori (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

5. Solaris

help with jumpstart

Hello all, I configured a jumpstart server ( the server is in the same subnet as the client) and gave boot net - install in the client. The client boots up shows the banner and then displays error: cant read disk label cant open disk label package and then goes to OK prompt. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratik Gharti
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Help

Hi Peeps, Created a jumpstart server for an unattened install and it works, but got 2 bugs in the config which I would like to work out: when you boot net install It still asks you to select a language and locale, after you do this it kicks of an unattended install. So my question is,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues Solaris 10

I'm trying to jumpstart my remote server. My /etc/hosts and /etc/ethers files have the correct data. Keep getting the following message at the ok prompt after running a boot net - install Link hasn't comeup yet Ran a test-net and got the following message. Link is -- down When... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues

Hi all, I'm having an issue with jumpstart that I haven't seen before. After booting the server and selecting F12 to boot it from the network it finds the jumpstart profile that has been set up for it and proceeds with the build until I get the following error: SunOS Release 5.10 Version... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
4 Replies

9. Solaris

jumpstart installation

hi friends, i dont know how to install jumpstart . i have solaris cds( 5 nos.). i tried to install jumpstart but there is no setup_install_server file. What i want to do for installing jumpstart server please help me thanks to all (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Jumpstart Issues With T5220

I'm trying to use a V210 (sun4u) configured as a jumpstart server to flash install a number of T5220's (sunv4). The Facts: V210 - Solaris 10 (September 2010 Release / not patched) T5220's - Archive's created using prior (unknown) version of solaris 10. Flar -i <archive name> shows the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celtic_Monkey
6 Replies
ethers(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 ethers(3)

NAME
ethers, ether_ntoa, ether_aton, ether_ntohost, ether_hostton, ether_line - Ethernet address mapping operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <net/if.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <netinet/if_ether.h> char * ether_ntoa(e) struct ether_addr *e; struct ether_addr * ether_aton(s) char *s; ether_ntohost(hostname, e) char *hostname; struct ether_addr *e; ether_hostton(hostname, e) char *hostname; struct ether_addr *e; ether_line(l, e, hostname) char *l; struct ether_addr *e; char *hostname; Arguments The ether_addr structure is defined in <netinet/if_ether.h> DESCRIPTION
These routines are useful for mapping 48 bit Ethernet numbers to their ASCII representations or their corresponding host names, and vice versa. The mapping is obtained from the /etc/ethers database; see ethers(4). The function ether_ntoa() converts a 48 bit Ethernet number pointed to by e to its standard ACSII representation; it returns a pointer to the ASCII string. The representation is of the form: x : x : x :x : x : x Where x is a hexadecimal number between 0 and ff. The function ether_aton() converts an ASCII string in the standard representation back to a 48 bit Ethernet number; the function returns NULL if the string cannot be scanned successfully. The function ether_ntohost() maps an Ethernet number (pointed to by e ) to its associated hostname. The string pointed to by hostname must be long enough to hold the hostname and a NULL character. The function returns zero upon success and non-zero upon failure. Inversely, the function ether_hostton() maps a hostname string to its corresponding Ethernet number; the function modifies the Ethernet number pointed to by e. The function also returns zero upon success and non-zero upon failure. The function ether_line() scans a line (pointed to by l) and sets the hostname and the Ethernet number (pointed to by e). The string pointed to by hostname must be long enough to hold the hostname and a NULL character. The function returns zero upon success and non-zero upon failure. The format of the scanned line is described by ethers(4). FILES
Database that maps Ethernet addresses to hostnames RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: rarpd(8) Files: packetfilter(7), ethers(4) delim off ethers(3)