Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Page fault in kernel
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Page fault in kernel Post 302361681 by yash0101 on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 10:59:17 PM
Old 10-13-2009
Page fault in kernel

Guesses are fine but some body knows what actually happens and can explane that would be great.

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Data page fault

What causes 'page data fault' or 'data memory protection fault' under HP-UX 11. The server crashes and the shutdownlog reports the above error. For your info, Oracle 8i is running . Appreciate your fast response, Wobitu :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wobitu
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Page Fault very high

Hi, We are running SUN sparc 5.8, notice frequent "Page Faults" message from our monitor s/w "ServerVantage" coming but no message display in SUN syslog or messages log. Any ideas why or what to check? thanks, Ahmad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad
2 Replies

3. Linux

page fault handle

For zero-copy communication among the processor, I allocated a pool in the kernel. From user space, it may mmap the virtual memory device into user space i.e 0x80000000. the client may send a message to the server, it may request a buffer, kernel will allocate a block for it and register it into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page Fault + Memory

I am not sure where to post this so i will put it in the newbie section. I have set up a bog standard debain 6, LAMP environment in the cloud. The specs 1 core at 2GH 2.5gb Memory running Jommla, with about 1.6K visitors a day. I am using AppFirst (appfirst.com) to monitor the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waseem
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies

6. Web Development

Page load time- local page

Hi Is there a way to calculate the page load time, I am trying to calculate the load time of a page locally. I found tools to do this over http or https but none that work locally. Any ideas? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for adding page number before page breaks

Hi, If there is an expert that can help: I have many txt files that are produced from pdftotext that include page breaks the page breaks seem to be unix style hex 0C. I want to add page numbers before each page break as in : Page XXXX Regards antman (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: antman
9 Replies

9. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies
NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3) 					neon API reference					   NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3)

NAME
ne_set_request_body_buffer, ne_set_request_body_fd, ne_set_request_body_fd64 - include a message body with a request SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_request.h> void ne_set_request_body_buffer(ne_request *req, const char *buf, size_t count); int ne_set_request_body_fd(ne_request *req, int fd, off_t begin, off_t length); DESCRIPTION
The ne_set_request_body_buffer function specifies that a message body should be included with the body, which is stored in the count bytes buffer buf. The ne_set_request_body_fd function can be used to include a message body with a request which is read from a file descriptor. The body is read from the file descriptor fd, which must be a associated with a seekable file (not a pipe, socket, or FIFO). count bytes are read, beginning at offset begin (hence, passing begin as zero means the body is read from the beginning of the file). For all the above functions, the source of the request body must survive until the request has been dispatched; neither the memory buffer passed to ne_set_request_body_buffer nor the file descriptor passed to ne_set_request_body_fd are copied internally. SEE ALSO
ne_request_create AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.28.4 25 February 2009 NE_SET_REQUEST_BODY_(3)