Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Help Cross compiling a kernel for an HP Jornada 728 Post 302361617 by Corona688 on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 04:45:54 PM
Old 10-13-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by semash!
I know there are projects like Jlime, Familiar Linux, 720 Degrees, etc. But i want something based on the distribution i use, Slackware and made by myself.
These would still seem to be the best starting point. Use these to build the things you need, then start from scratch once you do.
Quote:
Three days ago, i successfully created a bootable kernel on the Jornada, it hanged at loading the initial ramdisk, but IT WORKED, there appeared tux on the display, loaded the TCP/IP stack, etc. The thing is that now i am not able to make a working kernel!
Did you save the .config from then? If so, go back to it.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Cross compiling under Windows for Linux

I have two headless servers I am writing code for, and a Windows box networked with them. I want to compile my code within an IDE on the Windows box (eclipse most likely) and run the compiled binarys on the Linux boxes. Will this work? Using Cygwin (or MinGW)? Thoughts? Cheers, Ian (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: IanVaughan
8 Replies

2. Linux

kernel compiling

Hello, I have several questions to get awnsered about the newer linux kernels (2.6.25) and above. 1st question: Ive read that the newer kernels you can compile the marvell sd8686 driver from the source. can anyone confrim this? only binaries i see for that driver are for 2.6.24 and im already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cross-compiling libiconv for uclinux

Hi everyone, I want to cross-compile libiconv for uclinux to create a static library. I use the following command : ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=nios2-unknown-linux-gnu --prefix=/home/captain/Programs/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/staging/usr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moganesh
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cross Compiling Issue of udev-151 for MIPS Little Endain Architecture

Hi All, I am trying to cross compile udev-151 for MIPS little endian architecture. I am configuring like this: ./configure --prefix=$PWD/sree --host=mips-linux-gnu configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host. If a cross compiler is detected then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsreeram
3 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexigraphically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)