Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check data and time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check data and time Post 302361556 by Scott on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 01:42:21 PM
Old 10-13-2009
Hi.

Code:
DAY=$(date '+%w')
TIME=$(date '+%H%M')

[ $DAY -eq 6 -a $TIME -gt 530 -a $TIME -lt 630 ] && exit

echo It's not Saturday between 05:30 and 06:30, so continue...

Your post said 05:30 and 06:30, but your sample code said 05:15 and 06:50?

Last edited by Scott; 10-13-2009 at 02:50 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get data between the start time and end time?

Hi, Can anyone help me how can I get the line that between the start time and end time. file1.txt 15/03/2009 20:45:03 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 20:45:12 Response: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:40 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:42 Response: - Data of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Time/Date on a server

I have two servers which are not in sync. I need to write a script that checks the time on the corresponding server and another script to call the above script on both the servers simulataneously to check if there is a time difference. Can anyone provide me with such scripts as I am new to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravneet123
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check time and Increase counter

Hi all... the last two weeks have been very educational... I went through a bunch of websites about linux and its commands.. still not have mastered it nor its many operators ... and symbols. I wish I had more time to dig to the next and unix.com but I m on a deadline for this project. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abilash.amara
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time check!

How can i do something, that will be doing periodicaly for 24 hours and then do something else. For example: i want to write "time" in a text file every 10 sec but only for the next 24 h and then rewrite all that data to an other file, then again write "time" in the first file every 10 sec,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg while read source_path... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check whether a process started at particular time

I want to check whether a particular process has started at 10:00a.m or not. I can check process by ps -fu but dont know how to check it with respect to time. Could anyone help me with this? ---------- Post updated at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:52 AM ---------- can i use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishore kumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF loop to check the time modified

Hi Frnds, i have a folder test in which files generated daily how to chek the files that are modified on that day as a condition for ex, if then echo "i have got something to do with the file" else echo" sorry" fi i will have more than 3 to 4 files that are modified today. and if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
5 Replies

8. Programming

Find gaps in time data and replace missing time value and column 2 value by interpolation in awk

Dear all, I am kindly seeking assistance on the following issue. I am working with data that is sampled every 0.05 hours (that is 3 minutes intervals) here is a sample data from the file 5.00000 15.5030 5.05000 15.6680 5.10000 16.0100 5.15000 16.3450 5.20000 16.7120 5.25000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if time format is valid

How can I validate if time (HH:MM:SS) argument is valid? I got this from web but I can't modify it to exit the script if the time argument is invalid. echo $1 | awk -F ':' '{ print ($1 <= 23 && $2 <= 59 && $3 <= 59) ? "good" : "bad" }' ex: ./script.ksh 12:34:21 = okay ./script.ksh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
10 Replies
STRIPCHART(5)							File Formats Manual						     STRIPCHART(5)

NAME
stripchart - draws diagrams from data with PHP SYNOPSIS
The script is expected to be called as a CGI script but also works from the command line. DESCRIPTION
Stripchart prepares a series of diagrams directly from raw data. It is handy for web pages that need some graphics without too much over- head. OPTIONS
-i input FILE name of input data file (mandatory) -o output FILE name of output .gif file (default: STDOUT) -O output FILE name of output .gif file, also dumps to STDOUT -f from TIME stripchart with data starting at TIME (default: 24 hours ago) -t to TIME stripchart with data ending at TIME (default: now) -r range RANGE stripchart data centered around "from" time the size of RANGE (overrides -t) -l last LINES stripchart last number of LINES in data file (overrides -f and -t and -r) -T title TITLE title to put on graphic (default: FILE RANGE) -x column X time or "x" column (default: 2) -y column Y value or "y" column (default: 3) -Y column Y' overplot second "y" column (default: none) -b baseline VALUE overplot baseline of arbitrary value VALUE -B baseline-avg overrides -b, it plots baseline of computed average -d dump low VALUE ignore data less than VALUE -D dump high VALUE ignore data higher than VALUE -v verbose puts verbose runtime output to STDERR -L log makes y axis log scale -c colors "COLORS" set gnuplot colors for graph/axisnts/data (default: "xffffff x000000 xc0c0c0 x00a000 x0000a0 x2020c0" in order: bground, axisnts, grids, pointcolor1,2,3) -C cgi output CGI header to STDOUT if being called as CGI -s stats turn extra plot stats on (current, avg, min, max) -j julian times time columns is in local julian date (legacy stuff) -V version print version number and exit -h help display this help NOTES
* TIME either unix date, julian date, or civil date in the form: YYYY:MM:DD:HH:MM (year, month, day, hour, minute) If you enter something with colons, it assumes it is civil date If you have a decimal point, it assumes it is julian date If it is an integer, it assumes it is unix date (epoch seconds) If it is a negative number, it is in decimal days from current time (i.e. -2.5 = two and a half days ago) * All times on command line are assumed to be "local" times * All times in the data file must be in unix date (epoch seconds) * RANGE is given in decimal days (i.e. 1.25 = 1 day, 6 hours) * if LINES == 0, (i.e. -l 0) then the whole data file is read in * columns (given with -x, -y, -Y flags) start at 1 * titles given with -T can contain the following key words which will be converted: FILE - basename of input file RANGE - pretty civil date range (in local time zone) the default title is: FILE RANGE AUTHORS
Matt Lebofsky 2.21 November 2002 STRIPCHART(5)