Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check data and time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check data and time Post 302361556 by Scott on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 01:42:21 PM
Old 10-13-2009
Hi.

Code:
DAY=$(date '+%w')
TIME=$(date '+%H%M')

[ $DAY -eq 6 -a $TIME -gt 530 -a $TIME -lt 630 ] && exit

echo It's not Saturday between 05:30 and 06:30, so continue...

Your post said 05:30 and 06:30, but your sample code said 05:15 and 06:50?

Last edited by Scott; 10-13-2009 at 02:50 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get data between the start time and end time?

Hi, Can anyone help me how can I get the line that between the start time and end time. file1.txt 15/03/2009 20:45:03 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 20:45:12 Response: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:40 Request: - Data of this line 15/03/2009 22:10:42 Response: - Data of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Time/Date on a server

I have two servers which are not in sync. I need to write a script that checks the time on the corresponding server and another script to call the above script on both the servers simulataneously to check if there is a time difference. Can anyone provide me with such scripts as I am new to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravneet123
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check time and Increase counter

Hi all... the last two weeks have been very educational... I went through a bunch of websites about linux and its commands.. still not have mastered it nor its many operators ... and symbols. I wish I had more time to dig to the next and unix.com but I m on a deadline for this project. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abilash.amara
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time check!

How can i do something, that will be doing periodicaly for 24 hours and then do something else. For example: i want to write "time" in a text file every 10 sec but only for the next 24 h and then rewrite all that data to an other file, then again write "time" in the first file every 10 sec,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg while read source_path... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check whether a process started at particular time

I want to check whether a particular process has started at 10:00a.m or not. I can check process by ps -fu but dont know how to check it with respect to time. Could anyone help me with this? ---------- Post updated at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:52 AM ---------- can i use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishore kumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF loop to check the time modified

Hi Frnds, i have a folder test in which files generated daily how to chek the files that are modified on that day as a condition for ex, if then echo "i have got something to do with the file" else echo" sorry" fi i will have more than 3 to 4 files that are modified today. and if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
5 Replies

8. Programming

Find gaps in time data and replace missing time value and column 2 value by interpolation in awk

Dear all, I am kindly seeking assistance on the following issue. I am working with data that is sampled every 0.05 hours (that is 3 minutes intervals) here is a sample data from the file 5.00000 15.5030 5.05000 15.6680 5.10000 16.0100 5.15000 16.3450 5.20000 16.7120 5.25000... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if time format is valid

How can I validate if time (HH:MM:SS) argument is valid? I got this from web but I can't modify it to exit the script if the time argument is invalid. echo $1 | awk -F ':' '{ print ($1 <= 23 && $2 <= 59 && $3 <= 59) ? "good" : "bad" }' ex: ./script.ksh 12:34:21 = okay ./script.ksh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
10 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.10.0 2008-04-04 SIEVESHELL(1)