Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Yum installation problem from DVD ! Post 302361466 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 08:53:58 AM
Old 10-13-2009
You are asking yum to install a debug version of ksh. Debug RPMs are not on your DVD.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to customize installation DVD/CD of Linux ?

Hi, I have one software which I can install on linux. I want to put that on installation CD of linux. So whenever I will install Linux it will automatically install websense. How can I do that ? Thanks Neelesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to split solaris installation dvd to cd?

hello. i have using OpenSolaris 10. i need to split OpenSolaris 10 Dvd to CD's? how i can? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hotjava
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Help me, please! Solaris 10 hands-off installation from a bootable DVD

Hello, I have a problem with installing the Solaris 10 using a bootable DVD with a flar archive. I want this installation to be totally hands-off, but unfortunately after I run this boot command at the ok prompt: ok boot cdrom - install ... the system is rebooted and the interactive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

createrepo...YUM installation

i have 5 cd's of RHEL 5. how do i know which cd is the createrepo package in... is there any command or flags you can add to rpm command to install and the install processes will automatically ask for certain # of cd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Remote installation of rpm package (Using YUM)

Hi, I have configured YUM repository on a server and we have 10 linux machine (clients). Is there any way we can install a package on all the 10 machines from YUM repository server? Please help me. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos commands: Yum Upgrade versus Yum update

Hi, I would like to know the difference between YUM UPDATE and YUM UPGRADE. The man pages say upgrade is same as update with the obsolete option. And by default it says the obsolete option is turned on, which would make them equivalent. Does not say what obsolete does. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

yum problem

hi i am not able to do yum update in centos5 i was not able to use yum at all.i am getting an like this. #yum update Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile Setting up Update Process No Packages marked for Update please help me what i have missed (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
SG_MAP26(8)							     SG3_UTILS							       SG_MAP26(8)

NAME
sg_map26 - maps a special file to a SCSI generic (sg) device (or vice versa) SYNOPSIS
sg_map26 [--dev_dir=DIR] [--given_is=0|1] [--help] [--result=0|1|2|3] [--symlink] [--verbose] [--version] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
Maps a special file (block or char) associated with a SCSI device to the corresponding SCSI generic (sg) device, or vice versa. Can also be given a sysfs file, for example '/sys/block/sda' or '/sys/block/sda/dev'. Rather than map to or from a sg device, the sysfs file name matching a given device special file (or vice versa) can be requested. This is done with '--result=2' and '--result=3'. This feature works on ATA devices (e.g. 'dev/hdc') as well as SCSI devices. In this utility, "mapped" refers to finding the relationship between a SCSI generic (sg) node and the higher level SCSI device name; or vice versa. For example '/dev/sg0' may "map" to '/dev/sda'. Mappings may not exist, if a relevant module is not loaded, for example. Also there are SCSI devices that can only be accessed via a sg node (e.g. SAF-TE and some SES devices). In this utility, "matching" refers to different representations of the same device accessed via the same driver. For example, '/dev/hdc' and '/sys/block/hdc' usually refer to the same device and thus would be considered matching. A related example is that '/dev/cdrom' and '/dev/hdc' are also considered matching if '/dev/cdrom' is a symlink to '/dev/hdc'. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -d, --dev_dir=DIR where DIR is the directory to search for resultant device special files in (or symlinks to same). Only active when '--result=0' (the default) or '--result=2'. If this option is not given and DEVICE is a device special file then the directory part of DEVICE is assumed. If this option is not given and DEVICE is a sysfs name, then if necessary '/dev' is assumed as the directory. -g, --given_is=0 | 1 specifies the DEVICE is either a device special file (when the argument is 0), or a sysfs 'dev' file (when the argument is 1). The parent directory of a sysfs 'dev' file is also accepted (e.g. either '/sys/block/sda/dev' or '/sys/block/sda' are accepted). Usu- ally there is no need to give this option since this utility first checks for special files (or symlinks to special files) and if not, assumes it has been given a sysfs 'dev' file (or its parent). Generates an error if given and disagrees with variety of DEVICE. -h, --help output the usage message then exit. -r, --result=0 | 1 | 2 | 3 specifies what variety of file (or files) that this utility tries to find. The default is a "mapped" device special file, when the argument is 0. When the argument is 1, this utility tries to find the "mapped" sysfs node name. When the argument is 2, this util- ity tries to find the "matching" device special file. When the argument is 3, this utility tries to find the "matching" sysfs node name. -s, --symlink when a device special file is being sought (i.e. when '--result=0' (the default) or '--result=2') then also look for symlinks to that device special file in the same directory. -v, --verbose increase the level of verbosity, (i.e. debug output). -V, --version print the version string and then exit. NOTES
This utility is designed for the linux 2.6 kernel series. It uses special file major and minor numbers (and whether the special is block or character) together with sysfs to do its mapping or matching. In the absence of any other information, device special files are assumed to be in the '/dev' directory while sysfs is assumed to be mounted at '/sys'. Device names in sysfs are predictable, given the corresponding major and minor number of the device. However, due to udev rules, the name of device special files can be anything the user desires (e.g. '/dev/sda' could be named '/dev/my_boot_disk'). When trying to find a resultant device special file, this utility uses the major and minor numbers (and whether a block or char device is sought) to search the device directory. This utility only shows one relationship at a time. To get an overview of all SCSI devices, with special file names and optionally the "mapped" sg device name, see the lsscsi utility. EXAMPLES
Assume sg2 maps to sdb while dvd, cdrom and hdc are all matching. # sg_map26 /dev/sg2 /dev/sdb # sg_map26 /dev/sdb /dev/sg2 # sg_map26 --result=0 /dev/sdb /dev/sg2 # sg_map26 --result=3 /dev/sdb /sys/block/sda # sg_map26 --result=1 /dev/sdb /sys/class/scsi_generic/sg0 Now look at '/dev/hdc' and friends # sg_map26 /dev/hdc <error: a hd device does not map to a sg device> # sg_map26 --result=3 /dev/hdc /sys/block/hdc # sg_map26 --result=2 /dev/hdc /dev/hdc # sg_map26 --result=2 --symlink /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd /dev/hdc # sg_map26 --result=2 --symlink /sys/block/hdc /dev/cdrom /dev/dvd /dev/hdc EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_map26 is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by Douglas Gilbert. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
udev(8), udevinfo(8), lsscsi(lsscsi) sg3_utils-1.23 January 2007 SG_MAP26(8)