Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: samba user.map file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers samba user.map file Post 302361434 by sagar_evc on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 07:24:14 AM
Old 10-13-2009
samba user.map file

I am using Samba 3.0.33. The user.map file is not referred anywhere is Smb.conf. Infact, I couldn't see the user.map file any where in samba. But everything seems to be working. Is there an alternative way to refer to the users list.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cannot add a user,No /home map.

Hi all! my problem is that i cannot add a user to my system, Solaris 10,I x86, i have search thru this forum several times and i cannot find anything about my problem. I have tried to add a user in SMC, i can make that user and get a symbol for him in the users list in SMC but when i tried to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsgk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows 2003 use Samba user database

Hi, I have been looking for information on how to make a Windows 2003 server use the user database of an existing Samba installation. What I want is to use the Win3K as a (second) file server allowing users (using Win2K & Win XP computers) to access its shares using their existing user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcd
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use samba to become another user

Make that SUDO! Does anybody use sudo to run programs as another user but not root? I want to allow a user to run a compile script that oracle generally runs but if I could allow them to run it as oracle via sudo that would be great. Does sudo work that way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdbhouse
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

NIS disabling the MAP for a local user

Hello everybody, we have a NIS User lsfadmin which gets his environment variables from the autmount /home/lsfadmin. A newer version of the application needs a different environment to launch the application. I can't change the environment of the NIS User because we use NIS company wide for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
0 Replies

5. Linux

Auto map network drive using SAMBA with batch file

Hi everyone. I have several shares (see smb.conf below). Each setup fairly similarly, and several groups. My end goals are: 1) to have the share automatically map as the P: drive to members of the employees group 2) to have the share automatically map as the t: drive to members of the tech... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unassassinable
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script to automatically map samba shares as network drive

Hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me. I have a fileserver acting as a PDC and providing samba shares to a small network. Authentication to the PDC is via LDAP (setup using ebox) The users all have real local accounts on the server. I would like a windows logon script that will:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Map AD groups to Samba share?

I am setup a samba share server which is authenticating from Active Directory. I am able to access the share with AD user but not able to access when group defined in "valid users" parameters. below are the steps i performed. In smb.conf workgroup = QASLABS password server =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
3 Replies

8. AIX

Passing user/pass credentials to automountd map file.

How could I pass credentials to the automountd daemon through it's map files? Tried credentials=/some/file.txt - Didn't work. Tried SHARE.domain.com/user/pass/SHARE_NAME in map file - Didn't work Tried user=USER,pass=PASS - Didn't work. I can see the mounts created but when I access them... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
4 Replies

9. Linux

Force file ownership of a domain user in samba Share

Hi, I am using RedHat 6 and ,I am trying to force a domain user (from Windows AD) to take ownership of a file when it is created, or copied on a Samba share. I have managed to get this working for the root user using the code below: COMMENT = IT Data Share path =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p2bas
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setup Samba Server to always ask user and password

How do I setup a Samba server to always ask to user and password, when a windows user, prints your files using a shared printer through a Samba Linux Server (CUPS)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viga
0 Replies
REGDIFF(1)							  [FIXME: manual]							REGDIFF(1)

NAME
regdiff - Diff program for Windows registry files SYNOPSIS
regdiff [--help] [--backend=BACKEND] [--backend=BACKEND] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [location] [location] DESCRIPTION
regdiff compares two Windows registry files key by key and value by value and generates a text file that contains the differences between the two files. A file generated by regdiff can later be applied to a registry file by the regpatch utility. regdiff and regpatch use the same file format as the regedit32.exe utility from Windows. OPTIONS
--help Show list of available options. --backend BACKEND Name of backend to load. Possible values are: creg, regf, dir and rpc. The default is dir. This argument can be specified twice: once for the first registry file and once for the second. --credentials=CREDENTIALS Credentials to use, if any. Password should be separated from user name by a percent sign. This argument can be specified twice: once for the first registry file and once for the second. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
gregedit, regshell, regpatch, regtree, samba, patch, diff AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. This manpage and regdiff were written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ [FIXME: source] 04/16/2014 REGDIFF(1)