Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: prepare a perl tuts
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers prepare a perl tuts Post 302361424 by skmdu on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 06:58:10 AM
Old 10-13-2009
my suggestion would be,

Code:
Introductuction
Perl Features
Structure of Perl Program
Variables & Datastructures
Operators
Statement block & Conditional blocks.
Subroutines
References
Filehandling
Regular Expression
OOPS

Since they are already programmers, they could easily catch up with you, if it is in this sequence.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

prepare log for access

I need help with one of my log files I got following format: This is only a smal part of the file ! ......... -------------------------------------- 2003-08-05 12:23:13.939781 logNo : 1380008 Server started - Activate; 10.48.4.51 -------------------------------------- 2003-08-05 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i prepare a file by comparing two other files?

File 1 data: TestA TestB TestC File 2 data: TestA TestD TestE My Output File (pick all from both and create a file without duplicate data) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- TestA TestB TestC (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmohanpv
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep, then format then prepare a string

Hi I have a file which is having line like below Personal Unit=AU003 (Industrial Products Division),Plant=B00089,Departmant=D110 When ever i fine line starting sith Personal Unit and contains Plant Department I need to pick this line and format it like Personal Unit=AU003 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna.fuji
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepare command before executing

Hi, Couldnt find the right string" to search for a similar question..so dont know if this has been answered yet...problem is that I want to prepare a command with the requisite parameters passed as a string before executing it...eg: the ls command .. I can pass "-l", "-t" as parameters and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: harman_6
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prepare a tar package

I have installed apache2 on Solaris machine with the binary. So i dont want to install the same binary across all the systems but only want to copy the lib files and the files which have been updated in this installation process. So in order to get those lib files and then prepare a tar package... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Modprobe prepare new IP address

Hello, I m working on virtualization and saved the templates in virtual server. On creating the new Virtual machine or linux system, is there a way where during booting, it should prompt for new IP address, gateway, DNS and hostname? Or is there any configuration in linux where we can modify... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepare file run report

I have a requirement to prepare a report. We validate some incoming data fields and create validation_error reports which will contain records which do not pass validation. Once files are processed they will all be dropped under one folder. EMPLOYEE_20140915.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: member2014
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i prepare grant staement with 2 files ?

---file1 ( tables A B C D E F ... ... Z ---file2 Joe Bob Mary Sally Fred Elmer David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies
Perl::Critic::Utils::PPI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Perl::Critic::Utils::PPI(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Utils::PPI - Utility functions for dealing with PPI objects. DESCRIPTION
Provides classification of PPI::Elements. INTERFACE SUPPORT
This is considered to be a public module. Any changes to its interface will go through a deprecation cycle. IMPORTABLE SUBS
"is_ppi_expression_or_generic_statement( $element )" Answers whether the parameter is an expression or an undifferentiated statement. I.e. the parameter either is a PPI::Statement::Expression or the class of the parameter is PPI::Statement and not one of its subclasses other than "Expression". "is_ppi_generic_statement( $element )" Answers whether the parameter is an undifferentiated statement, i.e. the parameter is a PPI::Statement but not one of its subclasses. "is_ppi_statement_subclass( $element )" Answers whether the parameter is a specialized statement, i.e. the parameter is a PPI::Statement but the class of the parameter is not PPI::Statement. "is_ppi_simple_statement( $element )" Answers whether the parameter represents a simple statement, i.e. whether the parameter is a PPI::Statement, PPI::Statement::Break, PPI::Statement::Include, PPI::Statement::Null, PPI::Statement::Package, or PPI::Statement::Variable. "is_ppi_constant_element( $element )" Answers whether the parameter represents a constant value, i.e. whether the parameter is a PPI::Token::Number, PPI::Token::Quote::Literal, PPI::Token::Quote::Single, or PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words, or is a PPI::Token::Quote::Double or PPI::Token::Quote::Interpolate which does not in fact contain any interpolated variables. This subroutine does not interpret any form of here document as a constant value, and may not until PPI::Token::HereDoc acquires the relevant portions of the PPI::Token::Quote interface. This subroutine also does not interpret entities created by the Readonly module or the constant pragma as constants, because the infrastructure to detect these appears not to be present, and the author of this subroutine (not Mr. Shank or Mr. Thalhammer) lacks the knowledge/expertise/gumption to put it in place. "is_subroutine_declaration( $element )" Is the parameter a subroutine declaration, named or not? "is_in_subroutine( $element )" Is the parameter a subroutine or inside one? "get_constant_name_element_from_declaring_statement($statement)" This subroutine is deprecated. You should use "get_constant_name_elements_from_declaring_statement()" in PPIx::Utilities::Statement instead. Given a PPI::Statement, if the statement is a "use constant" or Readonly declaration statement, return the name of the thing being defined. Given use constant 1.16 FOO => 'bar'; this will return "FOO". Similarly, given Readonly::Hash my %FOO => ( bar => 'baz' ); this will return "%FOO". Caveat: in the case where multiple constants are declared using the same "use constant" statement (e.g. "use constant { FOO => 1, BAR => 2 };", this subroutine will return the declaring PPI::Structure::Constructor. In the case of "use constant 1.16 { FOO => 1, BAR => 2 };" it may return a PPI::Structure::Block instead of a PPI::Structure::Constructor, due to a parse error in PPI. "get_next_element_in_same_simple_statement( $element )" Given a PPI::Element, this subroutine returns the next element in the same simple statement as defined by is_ppi_simple_statement(). If no next element can be found, this subroutine simply returns. If the $element is undefined or unblessed, we simply return. If the $element satisfies "is_ppi_simple_statement()", we return, unless it has a parent which is a PPI::Structure::List. If the $element is the last significant element in its PPI::Node, we replace it with its parent and iterate again. Otherwise, we return "$element->snext_sibling()". "get_previous_module_used_on_same_line( $element )" Given a PPI::Element, returns the PPI::Element representing the name of the module included by the previous "use" or "require" on the same line as the $element. If none is found, simply returns. For example, with the line use version; our $VERSION = ...; given the PPI::Token::Symbol instance for $VERSION, this will return "version". If the given element is in a "use" or <require>, the return is from the previous "use" or "require" on the line, if any. AUTHOR
Elliot Shank <perl@galumph.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Utils::PPI(3pm)