Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Erase hard disk
Operating Systems AIX Erase hard disk Post 302361413 by zaxxon on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 06:34:02 AM
Old 10-13-2009
Export VG, create a new VG and write it full with something, for example with dd. Also there might be some professional tools out there - not sure if they do more or better than this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk Problem

Does anyone know of any commands that offer the same sort of facilities of scandisk on windows. My Linux server (Mandrake 6.2) keeps crashing and gives hard disk errors when I reboot. I've used fcsk to fix any problems that arise but when I use dumpe2fs to display disk information it says that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DGM
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to reformat a hard disk

hi i need help on how to reformat a hard disk. what should i do since i don't have any bootable disk. i'm using solaris 1 & 2 and also need to make a backup copy of the current hard disk. appreciate all the help i can get... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_balodoy
14 Replies

4. AIX

Erase hard disk data

How to erase/format hard disk data in RS6000 AIX PowerPC model 43 :confused: ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenloong
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk at 99% Help!

:eek: I use this Solaris to run CMS a call acounting software package for my job. No one could run reports today because it said the this when you logged on "The following file systems are low, and could adversely affect server performance: File system /: 99%full" Can some one please explain... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannyisme
9 Replies

6. AIX

Erase AIX rootvg system disk

Hello all, I need help for erasing IBM P5 machine running AIX 5.3. I have 2 system disks (Hardware mirror) and i'm looking for a way like a LIVE CD bootable CD so I can boot with the cd and then format the system disks with a "secure erase" software. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobi gabai
7 Replies

7. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to use dd command to erase the data in disk

how to use dd command to erase the data in disk, such as hdisk2? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
9 Replies

9. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies
AuWriteElement(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 AuWriteElement(3)

Name
       AuWriteElement - write data to an ImportClient element in a flow

Synopsis
       #include <audio/audiolib.h>

void AuWriteElement(server, flow, element, num_bytes, data, end_of_data, status)
	   AuServer *server;
	   AuFlowID flow;
	   int element;
	   AuUint32 num_bytes;
	   AuPointer data;
	   AuBool end_of_data;
	   AuStatus *status; /* RETURN */

Arguments
       server	 Specifies the connection to the audio server.

flow	 Specifies the ID of the flow.

element	 Specifies the index of the ImportClient element to write the data to.

num_bytes Specifies the number of bytes of audio data to write.

data	 Specifies the buffer to get the audio data from.

end_of_data
		 Specifies if this is the last write for this import.

status	 If non-NULL, flush the output buffer and return the status from the server.

Description
       AuWriteElement transfers audio data from the client application to the server, writing num_bytes from data to the ImportClient specified by
       element in the audio flow flow.	If end_of_data is AuTrue, the ImportClient's eof flag will be set when the write is completed.

Note
       If the flow is "trivial" (consisting only of an ImportClient and an ExportBucket), the num_samples fields in the ImportClient  and  Export-
       Bucket are ignored and a write past the end of the bucket will result in an AuBadLength error.

Errors
       AuBadFlow, AuBadElement, AuBadValue, AuBadLength.

See Also
       AuReadElement.

audiolib - Network Audio System C Language Interface

audiolib - write to element					       1.9.3							 AuWriteElement(3)