Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Java code to access the shared heap Post 302361407 by frustrated1 on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 06:29:35 AM
Old 10-13-2009
Java code to access the shared heap

Hi

Help needed and forgive me as I dont know Java so please bare with me.
I have searched this site and google but was unable to locate the information I need.

An application that we use - is based on java and stores some performance counters etc internally in the shared JVM. They are not held in an oracle db etc

What I want to be able to do is access the shared area in JVM and write out the contents, I am not 100% sure how the counters are stored etc so I would need to access the entire JVM memory and write it to a file on the unix filesystem assuming thats even possible..

Can you help? SmilieSmilieSmilie

Server information:
java version "1.4.2_10"
Solaris 10

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to access shared object using shell

Hi, I have created a shared object (abc.so) which has a function sum(int a, int b). Is there any way to load the "abc.so" and use the sum function using shell script.. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
2 Replies

2. Programming

Code to write the heap into a file

Hi everybody, i am doing a project on checkpoints, where in i need to write the heap area into a file. I have got a code which i need to analyze, also asked in the forum under solaris https://www.unix.com/solaris/135483-libckpt.html The heap is implemented as a link list given by the structure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: holla4ni
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking heap memory size for java app

Hi I have one Java application installed in my Solaris system. Is there a way to find out the heap memory allocated size/used size/free size for the particular Java process? If anyone knows the command, please let me know. Even I appreciate if I have any scripts to find out the same. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
0 Replies

4. Programming

can i have an optimal solution for this java code ? Facing Java heap space problem even at 3GB heaps

My desired output is run: for this 1 for this 2 for this 3 for this 4 for this 5 for this 1,2 1->2 for this 2,3 2->3 for this 3,4 3->4 for this 4,5 4->5 for this 1,2,3 1->2,3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
2 Replies
AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)					      General Commands Manual						 AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)

NAME
airport-config - Configurator for the original Apple AirPort Base Station ("Graphite") and the Lucent RG-1000 base station SYNOPSIS
airport-config DESCRIPTION
airport-config allows you to manage your AirPort base station, just like the AirPort software on Mac OS X. OPTIONS
airport-config accepts no command-line options. airport-config is a wrapper script around the AirportBaseStationConfigurator.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport-config was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT-CONFIG(1)