Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting BASH regex (convert from working perl version) Post 302361401 by radoulov on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 06:14:38 AM
Old 10-13-2009
Which bash version? If I recall correctly 3 and above offers support for regular expressions:

Code:
for v in 'ko=a|b' 'ok=0_/'; do
  [[ $v =~ ^[[:alpha:]]+=[./[[:alnum:]_-]+$ ]] &&
    printf '$v is ok: %s\n' "$v" ||
          printf '$v is not ok: %s\n' "$v"
done

The above outputs:

Code:
$v is not ok: ko=a|b
$v is ok: ok=0_/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Intern needing to convert bash to perl.

Hello All. I am very new to Linux and I am currently interning. I have been working on a project for a week and I have had no success. I have to convert bash shell into perl to decrypt and store files. Here is the code in Linux and Bash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. $... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freak
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Need to convert bash shell to perl

Hello All. I am very new to Linux and I am currently interning. I have been working on a project for 2 weeks now and I have had no success. I have to convert bash shell into perl to decrypt and store files. Here is the code in Linux and Bash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. $... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freak
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

***convert from perl to bash***

can any body translate the follwing script into one that works in bash? #!/usr/bin/perl # classify_books.pl my $csv_file = shift; my %categories = ( 'childrens' => 'childrens_books.txt', 'horror' => 'horror_books.txt', 'sports ' =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferrycorsten73
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash with: if, elif & regex not working

Why is only hello3 being printed? There must be some kind of syntax problem because the file list definitely includes all the file extensions line by line. #!/bin/bash find '/home/myuser/folder/' -name '*.c' -type f | while read F do if ] # if the file name ends in .txt.c then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert .../($var1|$var2)/... regex to string

Hello, In one part of my shell program I need to translate many of lines in the following pattern : /(folder1|...|folderN)/(sub1|...|subN)/.../(file1|...|fileN) into strings : /folder1/sub1/.../file1 /folder1/sub1/.../... /folder1/sub1/.../fileN ... /folderN/subN/.../fileN the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghadamyari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert posix regex to pcre (perl)

In order to clean file from html tags i used the following sed 's/<*>//g' filename Right now i need to do the same from php script so i have to use pcre. How to convert? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make working this regex in perl?

Hello to all, The Regex below is supposed to match all strings except RR45. I've tested in regex101.com and it works, butwhen I try to use it with the perl command below I get the error shown. Regex=(?<=^|RR45)(?!RR45).+?(?=RR45|$) How to fix this? I'm using Cygwin. $ echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, RegEx - Help me to understand the regex!

I am not a big expert in regex and have just little understanding of that language. Could you help me to understand the regular Perl expression: ^(?!if\b|else\b|while\b|)(?:+?\s+){1,6}(+\s*)\(*\) *?(?:^*;?+){0,10}\{ ------ This is regex to select functions from a C/C++ source and defined in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert bash to simple perl

please delete! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies
Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3) 	      HeimdalKerberos5library		   Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3)

NAME
Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions - Functions KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_eai_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno, int system_error) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_h_errno_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_clear_error_message (krb5_context context) KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_set_error_message (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code ret, const char *fmt,...) __attribute__((format(printf KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_vwarn (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code code, const char *fmt, va_list ap) __attribute__((format(printf Detailed Description Function Documentation KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_clear_error_message (krb5_context context) Clears the error message from the Kerberos 5 context. Parameters: context The Kerberos 5 context to clear KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_eai_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno, int system_error) Convert the getaddrinfo() error code to a Kerberos et error code. Parameters: eai_errno contains the error code from getaddrinfo(). system_error should have the value of errno after the failed getaddrinfo(). Returns: Kerberos error code representing the EAI errors. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_h_errno_to_heim_errno (int eai_errno) Convert the gethostname() error code (h_error) to a Kerberos et error code. Parameters: eai_errno contains the error code from gethostname(). Returns: Kerberos error code representing the gethostname errors. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION void KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_set_error_message (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code ret, const char * fmt, ...) Set the context full error string for a specific error code. The error that is stored should be internationalized. The if context is NULL, no error string is stored. Parameters: context Kerberos 5 context ret The error code fmt Error string for the error code ... printf(3) style parameters. KRB5_LIB_FUNCTION krb5_error_code KRB5_LIB_CALL krb5_vwarn (krb5_context context, krb5_error_code code, const char * fmt, va_list ap) Log a warning to the log, default stderr, include the error from the last failure. Parameters: context A Kerberos 5 context. code error code of the last error fmt message to print ap arguments Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 Heimdal Kerberos 5 error reporting functions(3)