Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE unable to ping virtualbox machine Post 302361386 by woofie on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 05:30:42 AM
Old 10-13-2009
pludi ... thanks heaps... worked it out and all good can now ping host and guest OS Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ping to machine and count responses

if i wanted to ping all the machines in a given directory (/etc/hosts) and return a total count of responses how would i go about scripting that? complete newbie...so be gentle if ; then //$1 = /etc/hosts cd "$1" //this puts me into the directory i need...but how do i send ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trostycp
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to ping

DEar all i am receiving this error on start and then unable to ping (dlpid): unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/e3h0) what to do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Unable to ping the gateway IP itself

We are unable to bring one of our linux boxes into the network once it was restarted. But once we stop and start the network service. We are able to ping the gateway and get into network. After a minute or two we get the following reponse for the ping command 64 bytes from 124.168.215.40:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
6 Replies

4. IP Networking

Unable to ping freebsd machine using fully qualified domain name

hi all. am unable to ping a freebsd machine using fully qualified domain name from a windows machine. i have already set the fqdn for the machine. plz advise me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

5. Solaris

not able to ping base OS from virtual machine

I have a vista on my PC . I have created a Solaris 10 server on it using VM ware . I have selected bridge mode to connect my PC and virtual machine together .I have alloted ip 192.168.1.2 to my virtual machine and 192.168.1.11 to my PC . I am able to ping the virtual machine from the base machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start virtual machine in Virtualbox giving username and password.

i have found a way to start vm with commanda as follows - VBoxManage startvm <uuid>|<name> it is installed inside oracle virtualbox. in vmware we have a way to do this -- $vmware-cmd -v -H localhost -U user -P password /var/lib/vmware-server/Virtual\ Machines/Ubuntu/Ubuntu.vmx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
0 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to ping localhost

Hi all, I have gone through many posts related to this issue,but my issue wasn't resolved hence creating new thread. I am unable to ping localhost. ping localhost tries to ping localhost which is defined in DNS. My /etc/hosts has entry for localhost as 127.0.0.1 loopback localhost. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpsam
8 Replies

8. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies

9. IP Networking

Cant ping Linux machine from Windows

Hi I have established LAN with the help of D-Link router. I am having 2 desktops ethernet connection managed by this D-Link router. One PC is with Windows 7 OS Second PC is with Redhat Linux 6.1 Both the PCs now stands connected to internet via this D-Link router. I could ping windows PC... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
12 Replies
cimauth(8)																cimauth(8)

NAME
cimauth - add, modify, remove, or list CIM namespace authorizations of users SYNOPSIS
cimauth -a -u username -n namespace [ -R ] [ -W ] cimauth -m -u username -n namespace [ -R ] [ -W ] cimauth -r -u username [ -n namespace ] cimauth -l cimauth -h cimauth --help cimauth --version DESCRIPTION
The cimauth command manages read and write CIM namespace authorizations of users. The operations are executed on the local host by submit- ting requests to the CIM Server. If the value of the configuration property enableNamespaceAuthorization is True , the CIM Server restricts access to namespaces based on user authorizations configured via cimauth . Changes to "Dynamic" authorization parameters does not require the CIM Server to be restarted. "Non Dynamic" configuration properties (E.g. enableNamespaceAuthorization ) can only be set as planned configuration and the CIM Server needs to be restarted to realize the change. (See cimconfig (8) for information on configuring the CIM Server.) Options The cimauth command recognizes the following options: -a Adds read and/or write authorizations to the specified user on the specified namespace. If neither the -R nor the -W option is specified, adds a read authorization by default. -h, --help Display command usage information. -l Lists all the authorizations configured in the CIM Server. -m Modifies authorizations of the specified user on the specified namespace. If neither the -R nor the -W option is specified, modifies the authorization to be a read authorization by default. -n namespace Specifies the R namespace for the operation. -r Removes authorizations of the specified user on the specified namespace. If no namespaces are specified, removes authorizations on all namespaces for the specified user. -R Specifies read authorization on the namespace. -u username Specifies the user for the operation. The specified R username must represent a valid user on the local host. --version Display CIM Server version number. -W Specifies write authorization on the namespace. EXIT STATUS
When an error occurs, an error message is written to stderr and an error value of 1 is returned. The following return values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Error USAGE NOTE
The cimauth command requires that the CIM Server is running. EXAMPLES
Add read authorizations to user "guest" on namespace "root/cimv2". cimauth -a -u guest -n root/cimv2 -R Add read and write authorizations to user "guest" on namespace "root/system". cimauth -a -u guest -n root/system -R -W Modify authorizations of the user "guest" on namespace "root/system" to read only. cimauth -m -u guest -n root/system -R Remove the authorizations of the user "guest" on namespace "root/system". cimauth -r -u guest -n root/system List all the authorizations configured in the CIM Server. cimauth -l SEE ALSO
cimserver(8), cimconfig(8). cimauth(8)