Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Second Column Read
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Second Column Read Post 302361371 by inotech on Tuesday 13th of October 2009 04:40:49 AM
Old 10-13-2009
may be:

Code:
echo -e $VAR | cut -d ' ' -f 1

Last edited by inotech; 10-13-2009 at 11:41 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the column and print the values under that column

hi all:b:, how to read the column and print the values under that column ...?? file1 have something like this cat file1 ======= column1, column2,date,column3,column4..... 1, 23 , 12/02/2008,...... 2, 45, 14/05/2008,..... 3, 56, 16/03/2008,..... cat file2 =======... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gemini106
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a specific column into variable

Hi, I want to read the 3rd column of the v_string into a script variable v_3rd, can anyone help howto? v_string="This is for testing only" Thanks! Victor Cheung (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read the first and last column of the attached file

Dear All, I need a small script which will read from a txt file the first and and second and the last clumn of the file and determine how many are having +000 ,+024,+048 error codes. Please help me as soon as possible. Rgrds, A.Ali (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samura
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read column values one after another

hi, Can some one help me how to retrieve column values row by row My requirement is like below : I have a text file having comma seperated values of these records . OName OType SrcDB Sschema targetdb TSchema Load Dataype processY/N aa Table a e i m Y db2 y aa index b c d e N sql N ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read CSV column value based on column name

Hi All, I am newbie to Unix I ve got assignment to work in unix can you please help me in this regard There is a sample CSV file "Username", "Password" "John1", "Scot1" "John2", "Scot2" "John3", "Scot3" "John4", "Scot4" If i give the column name as Password and row number as 4 the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnGG
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read different lines into column

Dear experts, Need your great help ! The input file is as follows: Name: test01 Name UID: C7:9D:79:52:2A:3F:DF:11:A8:64:00:60:16:36:04:02 Shareable: YES HBA/SP Pairs: HBA UID SP Name SPPort ------- ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tojzz
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read a certain column from the status result

I am using this script to get the status of the running process VAR=$(ps -ef | grep batch_proc_x | grep -v grep) echo $VAR now it returns this splgwin 13195 13100 0 14:13:13 pts/tb 0:00 /usr/bin/ksh ./batch_proc_x.sh now is there a way to read that time 14:13:13 directly from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabir77
2 Replies

8. Programming

Read column into hash

Hi, I want to read the __DATA__ into hashes with the first word (indented) of each part as key and the rest of the part (an array as value). Each part of the input is identified by the indentation. i.e. "The Skipper", "Professor", "Gilligan" are three identifiers as they do not have indentation,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read column and find differences...

I have this file 427 A C A/C 12 436 G C G/C 12 445 C T C/T 12 447 A G A/G 9 451 T C T/C 5 456 A G A/G 12 493 G A G/A 12 I wanted to read the first column and find all other ids which are differences less than 10. 427 A C A/C 12 436 436 G C G/C 12 427,445... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read first column and count lines in second column using awk

Hello all, I would like to ask your help here: I've a huge file that has 2 columns. A part of it is: sorted.txt: kss23 rml.67lkj kss23 zhh.6gf kss23 nhd.09.fdd kss23 hp.767.88.89 fl67 nmdsfs.56.df.67 fl67 kk.fgf.98.56.n fl67 bgdgdfg.hjj.879.d fl66 kl..hfh.76.ghg fl66... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padavan
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)