Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Mailing from AIX 5.3 to windows mail system. Post 302361254 by frank_rizzo on Monday 12th of October 2009 07:15:18 PM
Old 10-12-2009
Code:
cat log.file|mailx -s "log file" your.email@server.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailing with attachments in mail command in HP-UX Release 11i

Hi Can some one tell me how to send a mail with body and file attached in a shell sript, in HP-UX Release 11i. i did code in AIX and it works fine but i guess here in HP-UX release.. there's some syntax change which i;m not able to make out.. TIA, Ronnie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
1 Replies

2. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

3. AIX

Sync AIX system time with Windows Domain Controller

Yeah so, I have setup a domain controller (windows 2003) active directory machine and it is managing couple of windows servers and workstation. I also have couple of AIX machines that need to have the same time as other windows server and workstation hanging off of that domain controller. Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murderfly
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting a Windows system to a UNIX system

Hello I am looking for advise on how to convert a windows based computer system into a UNIX based operating system.. I would like to be able to learn UNIX better than I know it and work didn't allow me to work with UNIX much. Is there a book where I could learn how to accomplish that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baksg1995
6 Replies

5. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

6. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

7. AIX

Can I install AIX operating system on a PC that is running windows 7?

Hi All, I was wondering if I can install AIX 6.1 on my D harddrive and have Windows 7 on my C harddrive. If so, can anybody help me with the installation of AIX? I am totally new to AIX and don't know how to install it. Tried getting info from google on how to install AIX but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_Beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mailing Multiple Attachments in AIX

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to write ascript on AIX 5.3, that will e-mail all filles within a directory. But on executing a script , it sends only 1 file from the directory alongwith some Junk data. I have searched whole forum and almost used all the suggestions, but still getting same problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gem_In_I
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript on AIX to download file from windows to AIX

i require the shell script that is running on the AIX to download a file from Windows desktop to the location where the shell script resides onthe AIX system. I have used the below code: but it throwing the error as below.please help me at the earliest to resolve the issue. error message :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkc
1 Replies

10. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX