Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hide status value from awk system command Post 302361239 by jp2542a on Monday 12th of October 2009 05:23:11 PM
Old 10-12-2009
How about something like this:

Code:
awk 'BEGIN { FS = "[ |]+" } { "./convert.sh " $12 $13 $9 $10 | getline con; "echo " $4 | getline ech; print $1,$2,$3, ech, $5, $6, con; }' input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk system() command not working

I am using Sun Solaris 5.8 I am trying to run a system command such as ls and echo inside awk, but when I run the following code system echo is not displayed. bash-2.03$ ls | awk 'BEGIN { print "first print" system("echo system echo") print "second print" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

system command within awk

I was trying commands within awk. i got stuck here. i take 2 files. cat input first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninht tenthcat add *************** Nirbhay ***************i run the command awk '{ if ( NR == 5 ) { print system("cat add") "\n" $0 } else {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirbhay
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to hide command line parameters?

Hello I want to hide command line parameters of my programs/scripts to not to be seen with 'ps' command. How can I do that? thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
6 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

how to Hide Passwords From UNIX ps Command

Hi, By reporting the process status with ps, any Unix user will see the command line arguments #ps -ef UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD lsc 13837 13825 0 May 11 pts/17 0:01 -ksh oracle 4698 6294 0 12:00:40 ? 0:00 sqlplus -s system/manager appluser 4229 4062 0 12:00:03... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagirathi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hide stdout but need exit status

Hi: echo "Escriba el nombre de usuario: \c" read user lsuser -a $user 2>/dev/null || (echo "Usuario no valido en el sistema. Abortando." && exit 1) I want: - If 'lsuser -a $user' fails, script exits but hide stderr. - If 'lsuser -a $user' succeeds, script continue, and hide stdout.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - System command not working

dear All, my awk system command isn't working or rather I'm missing something in my command. Appreciated , if anyone can assist me what exactly I'm missing ?? awk ' /^/ { > c=split($3,a,"/") ;for(n=1; n<=c; ++n) > { > if (system("test -d" /home/cubedata/20120104/"$1"/"a")) { > print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
5 Replies

7. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Hide command details in top?

I am pulling data from remote SFTP server via LFTP. I really like its features. I have executed following command through screen. lftp -u xxxxx,xxxxx -e "set sftp:connect-program 'ssh -a -x -i /sftp/user/downloads/.ssh/id_dsa';mirror -vvv -c /data/ /sftp/user/downloads/2014_ic; quit"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zsycho
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: System command not working in awk

Hi, I have around 10 files in a folder in which I want to change the file format from tab(\t) to pipe(|) with some changes in the fields as well. Below is the code, while tmp file is getting generated but move command is not working, please help Following is the code awk -F"\t" '{print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sprintf and system command in awk

Hello Friends, I'm trying something hard (for me) to create a report script,normally the following script works: Echos are just for cosmetic touch, echo -n "\n-----\t----------\t-------------\t\t--------------\t\t--------\n COUNT\tEVENT_TYPE\tRESPONSE_CODE\t\tINTERNAL_ERROR\t\tFLOWNAME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
7 Replies
GETLINE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							GETLINE(3)

NAME
getline, getdelim - delimited string input SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> ssize_t getline(char **lineptr, size_t *n, FILE *stream); ssize_t getdelim(char **lineptr, size_t *n, int delim, FILE *stream); DESCRIPTION
getline() reads an entire line, storing the address of the buffer containing the text into *lineptr. The buffer is null-terminated and includes the newline character, if a newline delimiter was found. If *lineptr is NULL, the getline() routine will allocate a buffer for containing the line, which must be freed by the user program. Alter- natively, before calling getline(), *lineptr can contain a pointer to a malloc()-allocated buffer *n bytes in size. If the buffer is not large enough to hold the line read in, getline() resizes the buffer to fit with realloc(), updating *lineptr and *n as necessary. In either case, on a successful call, *lineptr and *n will be updated to reflect the buffer address and size respectively. getdelim() works like getline(), except a line delimiter other than newline can be specified as the delimiter argument. As with getline(), a delimiter character is not added if one was not present in the input before end of file was reached. RETURN VALUE
On success, getline() and getdelim() return the number of characters read, including the delimiter character, but not including the termi- nating null character. This value can be used to handle embedded null characters in the line read. Both functions return -1 on failure to read a line (including end of file condition). ERRORS
EINVAL Bad parameters (n or lineptr is NULL, or stream is not valid). EXAMPLE
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(void) { FILE * fp; char * line = NULL; size_t len = 0; ssize_t read; fp = fopen("/etc/motd", "r"); if (fp == NULL) exit(EXIT_FAILURE); while ((read = getline(&line, &len, fp)) != -1) { printf("Retrieved line of length %zu : ", read); printf("%s", line); } if (line) free(line); return EXIT_SUCCESS; } CONFORMING TO
Both getline() and getdelim() are GNU extensions. They are available since libc 4.6.27. SEE ALSO
read(2), fopen(3), fread(3), gets(3), fgets(3), scanf(3) GNU
2001-10-07 GETLINE(3)