Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Cannot reboot Debian Etch - 1 Core at 100% Post 302361228 by brusell on Monday 12th of October 2009 04:43:35 PM
Old 10-12-2009
Hello try also command
Code:
init 6

eventually
Code:
sync ; shutdown -r now

Regarding core utilization, are you sure, that you are using the right kernel version???
Please correct me, if I am wrong, but I suppose that default kernel is not aware more than one core, maybe you should use SMP kernel version.

Bruss

Last edited by brusell; 10-12-2009 at 05:55 PM..

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install App in Debian Etch 4.0

I am trying to install a couple applications that I downloaded on my Debian Etch 4.0 OS but I don't know how. 1) I tried using sudo apt-get install...but it always tells me I'm not in the sudoers file 2) I tried using root terminal, but I cant seem to navigate anywhere and I don't know where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: icecom10
3 Replies

2. Solaris

server reboot itself but no core dump

I wonder if anyone here came accross the same situation like me. One of server in my company reboot itself serveral days ago. I have checked /var/adm/messages... there is nothing there but a few messages mention explorer file has been generated by sysadmin. There is no core dump file either.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

3. Debian

Debian Etch - install us-keyboard driver

Hi, i'm using a debian-4.0r1 on an old subnet machine. I have to extend it with an other keyboard . What i have is a DVD of etch 4.0r7. How can i install and load the keyboard-driver for the us-keyboard? Can anybody please give me a hint how to do that? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
0 Replies
runit-init(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     runit-init(8)

NAME
init - a UNIX process no 1 SYNOPSIS
init [ 0 | 6 ] DESCRIPTION
runit-init is the first process the kernel starts. If runit-init is started as process no 1, it runs and replaces itself with runit(8). If runit-init is started while the system is up, it must be either called as init 0 or init 6: init 0 tells the Unix process no 1 to shutdown and halt the system. To signal runit(8) the system halt request, runit-init removes all permissions of the file /etc/runit/reboot (chmod 0), and sets the execute by owner permission of the file /etc/runit/stopit (chmod 100). Then a CONT signal is sent to runit(8). init 6 tells the Unix process no 1 to shutdown and reboot the system. To signal runit(8) the system reboot request, runit-init sets the execute by owner permission of the files /etc/runit/reboot and /etc/runit/stopit (chmod 100). Then a CONT signal is sent to runit(8). EXIT CODES
runit-init returns 111 on error, 0 in all other cases. SEE ALSO
runit(8), runsvdir(8), runsvchdir(8), sv(8), runsv(8), chpst(8), utmpset(8), svlogd(8) http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> runit-init(8)