Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers difference weblogic server/webserver/app server Post 302361192 by tostay2003 on Monday 12th of October 2009 01:15:46 PM
Old 10-12-2009
difference weblogic server/webserver/app server

Hi All,

I am getting confused with the terms below. All I know is an application can be installed on a server. But I see the following terms used in a company. All of them are installed on same Unix box. Could you please help me out in layman terms as to what these exactly means. (PS: I don't know Java)

a) Weblogic Server
b) Weblogic Domain
c) Weblogic Console
d) Webserver
e) Application Server

Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas WebLogic Server log files

Hi All, I am trying to change the log file to an incremental log file so that I do not needd to restart weblogic everytime the server /tmp directory reach 100% usage. I want to make it an incremental log, just like adm messages. At the moment, operation process is written to a log file (eg:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem in deployment in weblogic server in solaris

I am getting following error during deployment in solaris. when i deploy same war in other machine (non-solaris) it works fine. the stacktrace is < ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1277738498407> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paradesi143
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Exception in Weblogic Application server

Hi, I have a application running on weblogic server. i am getting these errors in logs very frequently. Could you please suggest any solution for this. -02-09 10:02:32,346 ERROR psn.properties.RemotePropertiesCache - Error occurred while attempting to retrieve property: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Version of Weblogic server

Hi All, How to find the version of the weblogic server configured? Our server is a Linux based server. Regards Dhivya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivya.enjoy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i get the state of weblogic server

Hi, all Now i want write a shell to get the state of weblogic server,and when the Managed Server's state is not ok, after 3 times checking, i will send msg to the system administrator by sms. BTW, my environment is : Linux ,Redhat 5.4 64bit weblogic version: 10.3.3 the count number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wangsk
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Configure app server to view server files

Hi, We have a OEL6.1 installed on our server. We want developers to view there application logs generated on the server, but doesn't really want to give them access to server machine. Can someone please suggest how can we configure apache/httpd to create a url which will show all files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
1 Replies
CGI::Application::Server(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     CGI::Application::Server(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Application::Server - A simple HTTP server for developing with CGI::Application SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Application::Server; use MyCGIApp; use MyCGIApp::Admin; use MyCGI::App::Account::Dispatch; use MyCGIApp::DefaultApp; my $server = CGI::Application::Server->new(); my $object = MyOtherCGIApp->new(PARAMS => { foo => 1, bar => 2 }); $server->document_root('./htdocs'); $server->entry_points({ '/' => 'MyCGIApp::DefaultApp', '/index.cgi' => 'MyCGIApp', '/admin' => 'MyCGIApp::Admin', '/account' => 'MyCGIApp::Account::Dispatch', '/users' => $object, '/static' => '/usr/local/htdocs', }); $server->run(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple HTTP server for for use during development with CGI::Application. At this moment, it serves our needs in a very basic way. The plan is to release early and release often, and add features when we need them. That said, we welcome any and all patches, tests and feature requests (the ones with which are accompanied by failing tests will get priority). METHODS
new ($port) This acts just like "new" for HTTP::Server::Simple, except it will initialize instance slots that we use. handle_request This will check the request uri and dispatch appropriately, either to an entry point, or serve a static file (html, jpeg, gif, etc). entry_points (?$entry_points) This accepts a HASH reference in $entry_points, which maps server entry points (uri) to CGI::Application or CGI::Application::Dispatch class names or objects or to directories from which static content will be served by HTTP::Server::Simple::Static. See the SYNOPSIS above for examples. is_valid_entry_point ($uri) This attempts to match the $uri to an entry point. document_root (?$document_root) This is the server's document root where all static files will be served from. CAVEATS
This is a subclass of HTTP::Server::Simple and all of its caveats apply here as well. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. CODE COVERAGE
I use Devel::Cover to test the code coverage of my tests, below is the Devel::Cover report on this module's test suite. ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ File stmt bran cond sub pod time total ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ...CGI/Application/Server.pm 94.4 80.0 53.3 100.0 100.0 100.0 88.3 Total 94.4 80.0 53.3 100.0 100.0 100.0 88.3 ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The HTTP response handling was shamelessly stolen from HTTP::Request::AsCGI by chansen AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> Rob Kinyon <rob.kinyon@iinteractive.com> Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-27 CGI::Application::Server(3pm)