Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mirroring Setup Step
Operating Systems Solaris Mirroring Setup Step Post 302361146 by brusell on Monday 12th of October 2009 10:56:49 AM
Old 10-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAntz
if i want to switch from ZFS to UFS
is it need to format the disk first before switch to UFS?
There is no possibility how to change from ZFS to UFS.
If you prefere to use UFS / but I am not sure why??? / you must backup data from ZFS pool, destroy ZFS pool / zfs destroy / , create new partitions on cleared devices / fdisk /, then create new filesystem / newfs /, mount new devices / mount / and restore data back.
Just one advice.... ZFS is much more advanced filesystem then UFS, if you learn how to use it is much better.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install of sco unix step by step

HI I am new to unix and need to install sco unix on a new server - could anybody help me with the steps I need to take - the hd is a 9gb scsi drive (pretty old machine) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: porikamu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

works step by step on command line but not in script

Hi all, The following script is fine when I work via command line m=1 c=0 while do echo $m gnokii --getsms IN $m > out.txt; m=`expr $m + 1`; cat out.txt >> message_log; ############ read first crap< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}' out.txt); read message< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whamchaxed
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looking for step by step emacs c++ debug tutorial

Hello all i was searching the net for simple but effective tutorial to show me how debug c++ in emacs with not much luck. im not new to unix but new to emacs , i looking for tutorial that shows how to debug ( if possible ) c++ programs . LIike IDE suppose to , break points step in/out variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

4. Linux

May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code

Thank all of you. May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code Note : I have Linux 2.6.24-26-server on x86_64 dears kindly help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nonowa
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Test shell script step by step?

Hi to all, I don't know if someone has done sometime a MS Excel Macro, that allows us to press F8 over the code to see step by step, to mention something, how is running the code, which values take the variables, if some loop is executing correct or where a error occurs, and some other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

6. Solaris

step step apache2 configuration doc

Hi Guys, does anyone know of a step by step guide on how configure apache2 web server in solaris 10? I will really appreciate it. Thanks a lot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Slowly Removing Bold Font Style - Step-by-Step

FYI, I'm slowly removing a lot of the bold font-styles from titles of discussions, forum titles, etc I'm not removing bold for the entire site because we do need bold from time to time, especially in posts and sometimes in other places. However, the original forum style had way too much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)

NAME
amzfs-sendrecv - Amanda script to create zfs sendrecv DESCRIPTION
amzfs-sendrecv is an Amanda application implementing the Application API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem and backup the snapshot with 'zfs send'. Snapshot are kept after the backup is done, this increase the disk space use on the client but it is neccesary to be able do to incremental backup. If you want only full backup, you can disable this feature by setting the KEEP-SNAPSHOT property to 'NO'. Only the restoration of the complete backup is allowed, it is impossible to restore a single file. The application is run as the amanda user, it must have many zfs priviledge: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,create,rename,snapshot,destroy,send,receive FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem doesn't need to be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-sendrecv's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on the Application API, application configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. KEEP-SNAPSHOT If "YES" (the default), snapshot are kept after the backup, if set to "NO" then snapshot are no kept and incremental backup will fail. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-sendrecv application to backup a zfs filesystem. define application-tool amzfs_sendrecv { comment "amzfs-sendrecv" plugin "amzfs-sendrecv" #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "KEEP-SNAPSHOT" "YES" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-sendrecv { program "APPLICATAION" application "amzfs_sendrecv" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)