Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: apache installed or not
Operating Systems Solaris apache installed or not Post 302361134 by brusell on Monday 12th of October 2009 10:31:20 AM
Old 10-12-2009
Good hint Smilie
Optionally : cat /var/sadm/install/contents | egrep -i apache

Last edited by brusell; 10-12-2009 at 11:37 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to identify which type of Apache is installed?

Hi, I need to find out which type of Apache is installed. following is the list of Apache types Covalent, IBM HTTP, HP Apache-based, Oracle, Stronghold and may be some other as well. If anyone know how to figure out this, please share it with me. Thanks Sarwan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which modules are installed for APACHE?

Is there some way I can tell which modules I have installed for APACHE? Would it be in httpd.conf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installed apache server , can't connect from outside (using CentOS in WMware )

Hello all I installed apache in CentOS 5.5 ,after searching the web for tips on configuration I did the fallowing stuff to unable connecting the http server from outside. In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf I changed the Listen value to 0.0.0.8011 Then checked with then check with: netstat -anp and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

5. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

7. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
contents(4)							   File Formats 						       contents(4)

NAME
contents - list of files and associated packages SYNOPSIS
/var/sadm/install/contents DESCRIPTION
The file /var/sadm/install/contents is a source of information about the packages installed on the system. This file must never be edited directly. Always use the package and patch commands (see SEE ALSO) to make changes to the contents file. Each entry in the contents file is a single line. Fields in each entry are separated by a single space character. Two major styles of entries exist, old style and new style. The following is the format of an old-style entry: ftype class path package(s) The following is the general format of a new-style entry: path[=rpath] ftype class [ftype-optional-fields] package(s) New-style entries differ for each ftype. The ftype designates the entry type, as specified in pkgmap(4). The format for new-style entries, for each ftype, is as follows: ftype s: path=rpath s class package ftype l: path l class package ftype d: path d class mode owner group package(s) ftype b: path b class major minor mode owner group package ftype c: path c class major minor mode owner group package ftype f: path f class mode owner group size cksum modtime package ftype x: path x class mode owner group package ftype v: path v class mode owner group size cksum modtime package ftype e: path e class mode owner group size cksum modtime package A significant distinction between old- and new-style entries is that the former do not begin with a slash (/) character, while the latter (new-style) always do. For example, the following are new-style entries: d none /dev SUNWcsd e passwd /etc/passwd SUNWcsr The following are new-style entries: /dev d none 0755 root sys SUNWcsr SUNWcsd /etc/passwd e passwd 0644 root sys 580 48299 1077177419 SUNWcsr The following are the descriptions of the fields in both old- and new-style entries. path The absolute path of the node being described. For ftype s (indicating a symbolic link) this is the indirect pointer (link) name. rpath The relative path to the real file or linked-to directory name. ftype A one-character field that indicates the entry type (see pkgmap(4)). class The installation class to which the file belongs (see pkgmap(4)). package The package associated with this entry. For ftype d (directory) more than one package can be present. mode The octal mode of the file (see pkgmap(4)). owner The owner of the file (see pkgmap(4)). group The group to which the file belongs (see pkgmap(4)). major The major device number (see pkgmap(4)). minor The minor device number (see pkgmap(4)). size The actual size of the file in bytes as reported by sum (see pkgmap(4)). cksum The checksum of the file contents (see pkgmap(4)). modtime The time of last modification (see pkgmap(4)). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
patchadd(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgadm(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgmap(4), attributes(5) NOTES
As shown above, the interface stability of /var/sadm/install/contents is Unstable (see attributes(5)). It is common practice to use this file in a read-only manner to determine which files belong to which packages installed on a system. While this file has been present for many releases of the Solaris operating system, it might not be present in future releases. The fully supported way to obtain information from the installed package database is through pkgchk(1M). It is highly recommended that you use pkgchk rather than relying on the contents file. SunOS 5.10 29 Jun 2004 contents(4)