Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD kernel fail to boot after recompile it Post 302361123 by SIFE on Monday 12th of October 2009 09:54:05 AM
Old 10-12-2009
i fix the problem by recompiling the kernel without preventing any module .
This User Gave Thanks to SIFE For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 install cd boot fail

Hi I hv try to install Solaris 9 on a SPARC machine. The machine now is with Solaris 10 OS. I try to load a Solaris 9 installation cd in and use "boot cdrom" on ok promt, but it give me "no boot device found" when it boot up. and when i use fsck, the system show me an error with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niuniu
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 1/06 CD1 boot fail

Hello all. I download last version from sun.com, unzip iso's and burn their to cd's. When i try to load (on different machines) from first cd i receive this errors: /kernel/fs/specfs: undefined symbol '' /kernel/fs/specfs: undefined symbol '' ... several screens same message ....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mozheyko_d
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Is it possible to recompile the kernel or any userland on Solaris

Hi I am a FreeBSD user Just want to know is it possible to recompile kernel or any other userland in Solaris 10 or OpenSolaris? I want check out this UNIX OS which has Flash 9 support :D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: weinter
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Fail to up network interface after system boot

Hi! I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 with Solaris 10 and it unable to up network interface after boot, but after issuing ifconfig interface begins to work... svcs -xv says that service svc:/network/physical:default is failed to start and service log stores something like "service method... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Could I get the initrd.img file without recompile the kernel?

Hi, all: The vmlinuz-3.0.4.old is a kernel previous to the current running kernel vmlinuz-3.0.4 which is compiled the most currently. Could I get the initrd.img-3.0.4.old without recompile under the condition that the config-3.0.4.old, System.map-3.0.4.old and vmlinuz-3.0.4.old exist? if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liklstar
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

fail to boot HPUX

HPUX running in D-Class (L1000), pretty old HPUX version - hpux 11.00 Attempt 1 -- To boot from normal (primary) Unable to boot - system complains failure SYSTEM ALERT System Name : uninitialized DATE : 10/22/2011 Time : 03/41:12 Alert Level 15 = Fatal hardware or configuration... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
12 Replies

7. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

System fail to boot

Hi im using centos 6.4 starting yesterday i have a strange issue that im unable to resolve. the system is booting to GRUB menu and the os is not starting. i tried to run a repair install and the message attached is what i get, what can cause this? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Recompile the kernel after applying a patch in Ubuntu.

I have applied a patch using this command: patch -p1 < (file) then I did git commit -a. Now I want to recompile the kernel for making this patch live. Should I use make oldconfig or make localmodconfig After that, make -j$(grep -c "processor" /proc/cpuinfo) sudo make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Serious problem to fail boot up

My current OS using the solaris 9 and find the reboot , it returns the message even i restore , and boot -s Hardware watchdog enabled Configuring ATM interfaces: NOTICE: VxVM not started configuring IPv4 interfaces: bge0 bge3 ce0 ce3. Hostname: devuardms01 mount: mount-point /usr does... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_user
10 Replies
fctl(7D)                                                              Devices                                                             fctl(7D)

NAME
fctl - Sun Fibre Channel transport library DESCRIPTION
The fctl kernel module interfaces the Sun Fibre Channel upper layer protocol (ULP) mapping modules with Sun Fibre Channel adapter (FCA) drivers. There are no user-configurable options for this module. FILES
/kernel/misc/fctl 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86) /kernel/misc/amd64/fctl 64-bit ELF kernel module (x86) /kernel/misc/sparcv9/fctl 64-bit ELF kernel module (SPARC) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfctl | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fp(7D) SunOS 5.10 20 Oct 2004 fctl(7D)