Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to create and update csv file Post 302361104 by Sekar1 on Monday 12th of October 2009 08:43:20 AM
Old 10-12-2009
Hi,

I got the answer. The above command itself works well SmilieSmilie
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files to create CSV file

Hi, I have different files of the same type, as: Time: 100 snr: 88 perf: 10 other: 222 Each of these files are created periodically. What I need to do is to merge all of them into one but having the following form: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravendark
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update a .csv file?

Hi everyone, im a newbie so plz bare with me, i have this txt file which contains an output of a query from oracle. now i copied the string inside this txt file in a .csv file. i used this command in doing this process: echo "Fatal alerts:", $(cat a.txt) > test.csv now what i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Update a CSV file with a predetermined value

Hi All Thanks for all your post and advice, you have been extremely helpful in the past. I have an issue where I'm stumped and am seeking a wider opinion. I'm relatively new to unix and have been tasked with collating a vast amount of data and presenting it within excel. Now the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drestarr96
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update the table using values from a csv file

i want to run update query for oracle which is in up.sql taking values from a.csv. I have implemented shell script to do it. extn="perl" ls -1 | while read file do echo "$file,$extn" > a.csv done up.sql contains update file_list set filename=$1 where extn=$2; The code to update is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a CSV file

I created a script that will go out and so a "/sbin/chkconfig --list | egrep XXX" against a server list that would create an output file like the following example: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SERVER1 RC_Script_1 0:off 1:off 2:off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnatlas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help. How to create csv file?

Hi I'm a beginner and I have some problem. I have multiple files in the same directory which has one column but rows following the format. File: directory/Disk.txt Content: a b c d e File: directory/Memory.txt a b c d e File: directory/CPU.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenuie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update field value on a csv file

Hi I have a job status csv file. I want to update the status of the job in the file. Below is the csv file 1,jobname1,in_progress,starttime,somthing,somthing 2,jobname2,completed,starttime,somthing,somthing 3,jobname3,failed,starttime,somthing,somthing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun19
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create csv from text file

Gents, I am trying to create a csv file using the file attached. I have a problem to get all information required because the rows are not continues. Here is my code till now. awk ' /"ffid"/{if(s){print s;s=$NF}else{s=$NF}} /"LineNumber"/{s=s $NF} /"PointNumber"/{s=s $NF}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies
MONGOEXPORT(1)							  Mongo Database						    MONGOEXPORT(1)

NAME
mongoexport - the Mongo export tool SYNOPSIS
mongoexport [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongoexport is a tool to export a MongoDB collection to either JSON or CSV. The query can be filtered or a list of fields to output can be given. If the output is CSV, the fields must be specified in order. EXAMPLES
mongoexport -d test -c test1 --csv -f name,num export documents from test.test1 in CSV format OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) -d, --db DATABASE database to use -c, --c COLLECTION collection to use -q, --query QUERY query filter -f, --fields FIELDS comma-separated list of field names --csv export to CSV instead of JSON -o, --out FILE output file, if not specified, stdout is used --dbpath PATH directly access mongod data files in this path, instead of connecting to a mongod instance COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOEXPORT(1)