Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Piping from BASH in to an Instant Messenger?? Post 302360989 by 64mb on Sunday 11th of October 2009 10:40:18 PM
Old 10-11-2009
Piping from BASH in to an Instant Messenger??

Is it possible to pipe a command in to an instant messenger e.g pidgin, finch or something similar and have it send??? e.g echo "hello" | messenger Or is there anything similar?? Thanks in advance!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Messenger service?

Right now i'm about two days away from losing all my windows based computers....lol. So i need to know of a few good progs that will beable to communicate with MSN messenger...lol right now i'm still running rh 7 so is there anything that would work with that? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
8 Replies

2. Programming

Instant Messaging App Help

I was hoping someone could assist me on a text-based instant messaging client(using UDP) I am working on. I have the network communication basics already in place but, specifically, needed some further help on the "messaging other users" and "getting a user list" functions. The server code that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AusTex
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash shell piping

Hello all, I am new to bash. I am trying to get a sub string of a variable in a shell script. While trying to do that I get the following error: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ OHOME: /aaa/bbb/product/eee ./t.sh: line 6: /aaa/bbb/product/eee: No... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RockyC123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping output from a command into bash script

Hi all. I am using procmail to deliver an email to a script I am developing. Procmail delivers the email to the script on standard input. I imagine this is the same as piping input from a command into the script. Hence I've been testing my script by running echo 'test' | sms-autosend-backup.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akindo
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Instant client

Hi, Could you please tell me how to check instant client is installed in Linux server? OS -- Linux 5.11 Oracle -- 10.2.0.5.0 Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
Purple(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Purple(3)

NAME
Purple - Perl extension to the libpurple instant messenger library. SYNOPSIS
use Purple; ABSTRACT
This module provides the interface for using perl scripts as plugins in libpurple. DESCRIPTION
This module provides the interface for using perl scripts as plugins in Purple. With this, developers can write perl scripts that can be loaded in Purple as plugins. The scripts can interact with IMs, chats, accounts, the buddy list, libpurple signals, and more. The API for the perl interface is very similar to that of the Purple C API, which can be viewed at http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/ or in the header files in the Purple source tree. FUNCTIONS
@accounts = Purple::accounts Returns a list of all accounts, online or offline. @chats = Purple::chats Returns a list of all chats currently open. @connections = Purple::connections Returns a list of all active connections. @conversations = Purple::conversations Returns a list of all conversations, both IM and chat, currently open. @conv_windows = Purple::conv_windows Returns a list of all conversation windows currently open. @ims = Purple::ims Returns a list of all instant messages currently open. SEE ALSO
Purple C API documentation - http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/ Purple website - http://pidgin.im/ AUTHOR
Christian Hammond, <chipx86@gnupdate.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2003 by Christian Hammond This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the General Public License (GPL). For more information, see http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl.txt perl v5.12.1 2010-02-16 Purple(3)