Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jfs and jfs2
Operating Systems AIX Jfs and jfs2 Post 302360868 by raba on Sunday 11th of October 2009 02:28:05 AM
Old 10-11-2009
only reason for using jfs is need for compression. Else always choose JFS2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas

Hi there, Can anyone tell me the advantages that jfs has over Veritas (if any)?? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating jfs

Need help, I have read the docs but need some better understanding. Can someone explain the reasons behind setting the values for fragement size, i-node and allocation group size? Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
6 Replies

3. AIX

Can not extend a JFS file system

Hi, I am getting an error message when i try to increase the size of a filesystems under AIX 4.3.3: chfs: 0506-932 Can not extend a JFS file system with nbpi = 4096 and frag = 4096 past 134217728 (512 byte blocks). -> Characteristics Journaled File System ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Can
4 Replies

4. AIX

JFS and JFS2

hi all, can sumbody give me a link which gives the basic layout of JFS, JFS2 and the veritas file system. and i also want to know about the data structures used in this filsystem thanx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwerreyaz
0 Replies

5. AIX

160G SAN FS on JFS

Hi All, I can't create a FS from a SAN VG with size of 160G on JFS (NOT JFS2, requirement with application) with large file enabled. It only let me create 64G in maximum size. The actual size of SAN VG is also 160G, the FS can be smaller than 160G because of the inode allocation. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. AIX

jfs2 - cannot shrink filesystem

Hi, is anyone aware about filesystem size restrictions on AIX? And does anyone know a solution for below problem? I have 2 boxes attached to EMC Raid5 storage, both have huge /optware/oracle/oradata filesystems - 4.5 and 2.5 TB in size, nothing is striped or in any other way restricted. Due to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
11 Replies

7. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

8. AIX

Help with jfs

how to change the filesystem from jfs to jfs2 in ibm aix6.1 please tell me command for that. thank you, paandu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paandur
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX JFS2 content

Hello! I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb) svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb) but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage svmon -P -O filtertype=client and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sys
1 Replies
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)				      OpenSSL				     SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method - handle SSL/TLS integrated compression methods SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> int SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(int id, COMP_METHOD *cm); DESCRIPTION
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() adds the compression method cm with the identifier id to the list of available compression methods. This list is globally maintained for all SSL operations within this application. It cannot be set for specific SSL_CTX or SSL objects. NOTES
The TLS standard (or SSLv3) allows the integration of compression methods into the communication. The TLS RFC does however not specify compression methods or their corresponding identifiers, so there is currently no compatible way to integrate compression with unknown peers. It is therefore currently not recommended to integrate compression into applications. Applications for non-public use may agree on certain compression methods. Using different compression methods with the same identifier will lead to connection failure. An OpenSSL client speaking a protocol that allows compression (SSLv3, TLSv1) will unconditionally send the list of all compression methods enabled with SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() to the server during the handshake. Unlike the mechanisms to set a cipher list, there is no method available to restrict the list of compression method on a per connection basis. An OpenSSL server will match the identifiers listed by a client against its own compression methods and will unconditionally activate compression when a matching identifier is found. There is no way to restrict the list of compression methods supported on a per connection basis. The OpenSSL library has the compression methods COMP_rle() and (when especially enabled during compilation) COMP_zlib() available. WARNINGS
Once the identities of the compression methods for the TLS protocol have been standardized, the compression API will most likely be changed. Using it in the current state is not recommended. RETURN VALUES
SSL_COMP_add_compression_method() may return the following values: 0 The operation succeeded. 1 The operation failed. Check the error queue to find out the reason. SEE ALSO
ssl(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_COMP_add_compression_method(3SSL)