Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating oracle user and giving him grants using shell script Post 302360824 by Deepakjha on Saturday 10th of October 2009 02:49:29 PM
Old 10-10-2009
Thanks scottn, for such a nice explanation.... I am able to create user and grants as well....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command is giving error in shell script

Hi, In my shell script when I am using mv command using shell variables it is giving me error of syntax. Following is the shell script: file_edifice="*.txt" fquote="'" fdquote=\" for file in $file_edifice do file_name=$fquote$file$fquote tofile_name=`date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammit
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Shell scripting to modify the User Creation script in oracle database.

Hi, I have several users to create on my test Oracle database taking the scripts from the Production Oracle database. I have a separate text file where I have user-id and passwords maintained. I need help in writing a shell script to go thru the user creation scripts and replace VALUES... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

giving input to a python wch has been called frm shell script....urgent

i'm calling a python script from shell script. the python needs Y as an input everytime. how can i giv it thru shell script. I tried below code for arg in `cat erd_gen_list.lst` do generateErdSql.py -S $arg << Y done This is giving me err : `<<' unmatched pls help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vini
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to stop a user giving kill command on a server!!

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and want to create a script with the follwoing description: I want to restrict the users from giving a kill command on a unix server. The server have a restricted logins with login id and passwords. I want a script that will find out if a user has given a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_scripting
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Monitoring shell script giving incorrect information

Hi All, OS: Linux 86x64 bits Red Hat Linux I get the email alert for the following when Alert condition is set for 30: /dev/sda1 99M 21M 74M 22% /boot -> Below 30%(Should not get the email alert) Expected output as per E-Mail alert: /dev/sda3 20G ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving automatic multiple Input to a tool from shell script

Hi, Please help me,its urgent. I have a tool that i want to run from a shell script. When we run the tool it will ask the user choice to add or delete. When user enter the choice it will then ask how many units he want to delete or add and will add or delete accordingly. Now I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saket18@ymail.c
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script is giving different resultControlled Special Account [csdwmast@ucdoud01.am.sony.com

Hi All, In this below script i am not able to find where is "form mail id" is taking when this script is executing i am getting "Controlled Special Account " as from ,i need to send "form mail id " from a table.:mad: kindly help me plzz. Regards, Krupa (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the user will provide the parameters for Oracle db connection in a shell script?

I'm new into unix. My question: is possible to write a shell script which will ask for the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, USERNAME, PASSWORD to connect to Oracle db. In generally we have to set the ORACLE_HOME in .profile file. And after putting the 'sqlplus' command it asks for the username &... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya001
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql command inside shell script runs without giving anything back as outout

#!/bin/sh # This script returns the number of rows updated from a function echo "The execution is starting ....." sqlplus -silent $UP <<EOF set serveroutput on set echo off set pagesize 0 VAR no_rows_updated NUMBER; EXEC :no_rows_updated :=0; DECLARE CURSOR c_update is SELECT * FROM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
4 Replies
nice(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   nice(3)

Name
       nice - set program priority

Syntax
       int nice(incr)
       int incr;

Description
       The scheduling priority of the process is augmented by incr.  Positive priorities get less service than normal.	Priority 10 is recommended
       to users who wish to execute long-running programs without flack from the administration.

Negative increments are ignored except on behalf of the super-user.  The priority is limited to the range -20 (most urgent) to 20 (least).

The priority of a process is passed to a child process by For a privileged process to return to normal  priority  from  an  unknown  state,
       should  be  called successively with arguments -40 (goes to priority -20 because of truncation), 20 (to get to 0), then 0 (to maintain com-
       patibility with previous versions of this call).

Environment
       In any mode, nice returns -1 and sets on an error.  On success, the return value depends on the mode in which your  program  was  compiled.
       In  POSIX  or  System V mode, it is the new priority; otherwise, it is zero.  Note that, in POSIX and System V mode, -1 can indicate either
       success or failure; must be used to determine which.

See Also
       nice(1), fork(2), setpriority(2), renice(8)

nice(3)