Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resource Management Question
Operating Systems Solaris Resource Management Question Post 302360743 by bartus11 on Saturday 10th of October 2009 05:48:52 AM
Old 10-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugitive
2. How can i check a process is running under which project ?
Code:
ps -e -o comm,projid,project

Check ps(1) – report process status (man pages section 1: User Commands) - Sun Microsystems for more parameters to -o option.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Process management" question

This one will show how "wet behind the ears" I am but here it goes... Suppose my boss wants me to run an app every day from the command line. The command line statement looks like this: $> my_executable_program -my_parameter file > my_outfile Let's say that one day, I do this: $>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan
1 Replies

2. Linux

Resource management

Hi all, we have a big problem, we are running an IA-64 linux system, with 8 CPUs and some GB of RAM, for user usage. The user are compiling and testing programs on this system, and this caused some problems. Sometimes, a user program used the hole memory, blocks the other users, and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Resource management (projadd)

Hi When I create a new project: For example: projadd -K "project.max-shm-memory=(priv,16GB,deny)" project_name I need to associate this project to a user in /etc/user_attr: User_name::::project=project_name Otherwise, id -p shows reveals that the user has project default. Is there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Difference between resource management attribbutes

Can anyone answer my questions 1. Whats the difference between project.max-locked-memory and max-rss. And out these 2 which is the preferred way of limiting the physical memory in a project or zone. 2. How to restrict the swap memory in projects (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Check resource management from NGZ

Hi, Is there any way if a normal user in a non global zone can check the resources assigned to the zone ? like max-locked-memory etc. 2. Is it possible to disable the max-locked-memory for a particular zone without rebooting a zone ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Debian Package Management "Inside" Question

Greetings. After rifling through the policy manual to some significant extent, I've come to a question which doesn't seem to have any forthcoming answer out "in the wild", so here it is :) During dpkg installation processing, some libs wind up with an ":i386" or ":amd64" architecture string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
mdoc-validate(1)					      General Commands Manual						  mdoc-validate(1)

NAME
mdoc validate - Validate XML documents against a schema SYNOPSIS
mdoc validate [OPTIONS]* PATHS+ DESCRIPTION
mdoc validate validates the specified PATHS against a specified format schema. OPTIONS
--format=FORMAT The documentation format to validate PATHS against. Supported formats include: ecma. See the FORMATS section below for more information about these formats. The default format (if none is specified) is ecma. -h, -?, --help Display a help message and exit. FORMATS
The following documentation formats are supported: ecma The Mono ECMA Documentation Format validates all output generated by mdoc-update(1) against an XML schema, including the index.xml, ns-*.xml, and NamespaceName/TypeName.xml files. See mdoc(5) for details about this file format. EXAMPLES
To validate the mdoc-update(1) output stored within a directory (and all documentation within that directory, recursively), use: mdoc validate /path/to/ecma/docs MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-docs-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit http://www.mono-project.com/mdoc for details mdoc-validate(1)