Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to clear IP address on AIX? Post 302360734 by nagchundu on Saturday 10th of October 2009 04:03:59 AM
Old 10-10-2009
To clear ip for interface in aix

1)first you will goto smitty tcp/ip and remove network
2)goto /etc/hosts and remove the network if the netwok is not remove
3)#rmdev -dl en3
#cfgmgr -v

Last edited by nagchundu; 10-10-2009 at 05:10 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Setting Dual Ip address on LPAR AIX 5.3

Hi Guys, Can somebody help me how to add and activate addtional ip address on AIX. My server is IBM p5-570 i already set ipadress on ent1 ent0 -- 192.168.206.105 ( default ) ent1 -- 192.168.0.89 (additional) i can ping from outside to 192.168.0.89 but i can not telnet or ftp. for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cahyo3074
6 Replies

2. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

3. AIX

how to send a file from aix to a email address?

how to send a file from aix to a email address? such as xxx@yahoo.com? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

4. AIX

My AIX 5.3 update userPassword in clear on LDAP

I'm running OpenLDAP 2.3.43 in a linux Host. I have a AIX 5.3 TL9 as client. All works fine with client authentification, information reading in LDAP server and all the stuff. The only problem is : when I run passwd with an LDAP user it updates password (userPassword) with clear text. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: puppetmaster
0 Replies

5. AIX

Problem with IP address when restarting AIX

Hi! I have useud SMIT to configured my static adress for AIX but when I restart the AIX the ipadress is not shown when I print netstat -in or ifconfig -a. I have to configure the ip whit smit to have it start! How can I starting the ip during boot? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.olofsson
6 Replies

6. AIX

From address of an email from AIX server

My application resides on an AIX server and sends out emails when a job is completed, and a report ready to be picked up. However the from address of the email seems to have our test server's name, instead of the production server. In reality the mail is coming from the production server only. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
5 Replies

7. AIX

Help with clear printer queue script in AIX 5.3

Good day UNIX forum, could you help me with my clear printer queue script, i have problems with the consistency of this function, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Thanks in advance } preRemovePrintQ(){ clear; echo; echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beware187
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX How to exchange hostname and IP address between two AIX servers?

Hi all, I am trying to exchange hostname and IP address of two AIX machines. But i am confused as how to change it ? do i need to use "smitty mktcpip" or "smitty tcpip" ? what is the difference between smitty mktcpip and smitty tcpip ? Also anymore steps to follow or just updating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
3 Replies

9. AIX

Production Issue in AIX Oracle RAC [errpt output : DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS DETECTED IN THE NET]

1)We have 2 node cluster RAC on AIX: ->test1 ->test3 2) After rebooting server both the node sequentailly, we are getting below error from errpt command : # errpt |more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION FE2DEE00 0901223914 P S SYSXAIXIF DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
XRemoveHosts()															    XRemoveHosts()

Name
  XRemoveHosts - remove multiple hosts from the access control list.

Synopsis
  XRemoveHosts(display, hosts, num_hosts)
	Display *display;
	XHostAddress *hosts;
	int num_hosts;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

hosts     Specifies the list of hosts that are to be removed.

num_hosts Specifies the number of hosts that are to be removed.

Description
  XRemoveHosts()  removes  each  specified host from the access control list of the connected server.  The server must be on the same host as
  the process that call XRemoveHosts(), in order to change the access control list.

If you remove your machine from the access control list, you can no longer connect to that server, and there is no way back from this  call
  except to log out, edit the access control file, and reset the server.

The address data must be a valid address for the type of network in which the server operates, as specified in the family member.

For  TCP/IP,	the address should be in network byte order.  For the DECnet family, the server performs no automatic swapping on the address
  bytes.  A Phase IV address is two bytes long.  The first byte contains the least significant eight bits of the  node	number.   The  second
  byte contains the most significant two bits of the node number in the least significant two bits of the byte, and the area in the most sig-
  nificant six bits of the byte.

For more information on access control lists, see Volume One, Chapter 15, Other Programming Techniques.

Structures
     typedef struct {
	 int family;	    /* for example Family Internet */
	 int length;	    /* length of address, in bytes */
	 char *address;     /* pointer to where to find the bytes */
     } XHostAddress;

/* constants used for family member of XHostAddress */
     #define FamilyInternet	 0
     #define FamilyDECnet	 1
     #define FamilyChaos	 2

Errors
  BadAccess
  BadValue

See Also
  XAddHost(), XAddHosts(), XDisableAccessControl(), XEnableAccessControl(), XListHosts(), XRemoveHost(), XSetAccessControl().

Xlib - Host Access														    XRemoveHosts()