Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting particular lines.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting particular lines. Post 302360525 by ripat on Friday 9th of October 2009 07:46:53 AM
Old 10-09-2009
And a find . -type d can't do the job?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

deleting lines

I am spooling a file from oracle and trying to delete the last line of the spooled file which I am unable to do. Problem is that this file can have multiple records each time and I have no way of knowing how many because the amount can vary. I had an idea of using a while loop to read the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supercbw
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines

I am trying deleting lines from a text file using sed.. sed '/OBJECT="ABC/{N;N;N;d; }' will do if i have to delete lines starting with Object and next 3 lines but I was looking for a way to delet lines starting with OBJECT and all the lines till it reaches a blank lines ..or it reaches a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting lines in a file

How do I delete all the lines after the line containing text ***DISCLOSURES*** . I want to delete this line too. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsamir
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the similar lines

Dear Friends myself Avinash working in bash shell The problem goes like this I have a file called work.txt assume that first colum=mac address second colum= IP third colum = port number ---------------------------------------- 00:12:23:34 192.168.50.1 2 00:12:23:35 192.168.50.1 5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avi.skynet
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting processed lines

I have a log file that I am processing. This contains messages from and to a server (requests and responses). The responses to requests may not be in order i.e. we can have a response to a request after several requests are sent, and in some error cases there may not be any response message. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BootComp
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Deleting lines from a file

How I can delete 100 lines anywhere in a file without opening a file and without renaming the file. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirgude07
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting last n lines from a output

Friends, I am executing this command in solaris sar -d 3 3 | awk 'NR > 2 { if ($1 !~ /,.+/) print }' | egrep -v "nfs|device" . Now i want to delete the last two lines of my output as they are records of average which i don't want. can some one pls give me some idea on how to proceed. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines from file

We have a server that logs transactions to a file. I want to write a script that will delete the first 50 lines of the file daily without renameing the file or moving the file. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines in ex

Hello, im using ex to manipulate some text. Im trying to delete all the lines except those on which a certain regex can be found. the important part of the script: ex temp << 'HERE' g/regex/p HERE this command prints the lines I want to end up with, but it doesnt delete the others.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drareeg
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all lines containing numbers

Hi guys I have a text file in the following format what i would like ot do is iterate through the file deleting the lines containing only numbers. I have googled this and have been unable to find any help ( maybe its my search terms) so if any one an give me a heads up i would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
3 Replies
GEARMAN_JOB_ST(3)						     Gearmand							 GEARMAN_JOB_ST(3)

NAME
gearman_job_st - Gearmand Documentation, http://gearman.info/ SYNOPSIS
#include <libgearman/gearman.h> gearman_job_st void gearman_job_free(gearman_job_st *job) gearman_return_t gearman_job_send_data(gearman_job_st *job, const void *data, size_t data_size) gearman_return_t gearman_job_send_warning(gearman_job_st *job, const void *warning, size_t warning_size) gearman_return_t gearman_job_send_status(gearman_job_st *job, uint32_t numerator, uint32_t denominator) gearman_return_t gearman_job_send_complete(gearman_job_st *job, const void *result, size_t result_size) gearman_return_t gearman_job_send_exception(gearman_job_st *job, const void *exception, size_t exception_size) gearman_return_t gearman_job_send_fail(gearman_job_st *job) const char *gearman_job_handle(const gearman_job_st *job) const char *gearman_job_function_name(const gearman_job_st *job) const char *gearman_job_unique(const gearman_job_st *job) const void *gearman_job_workload(const gearman_job_st *job) size_t gearman_job_workload_size(const gearman_job_st *job) void *gearman_job_take_workload(gearman_job_st *job, size_t *data_size) Link with -lgearman DESCRIPTION
gearman_job_st are passed to worker functions to represent jobs that are being run by gearman_worker_work(). gearman_job_free() is used to free a job. This only needs to be done if a task was created with a preallocated structure. gearman_job_handle() returns the job handle(see gearman_job_handle_t for more information). gearman_job_function_name() return the name of the function that the job was set to execute against. gearman_job_unique() return the unique value that was used for gearman_job_st. returns the gearman_job_st workload. The size of it can be determined with gearman_job_workload_size(). gearman_job_take_workload() is the same as gearman_job_workload() with the exception that the result must be free(3) by the caller. RETURN VALUE
A value of gearman_return_t is returned. On success that value will be :c:type::GEARMAN_SUCCESS. Use gearman_strerror() to translate this value to a printable string. HOME
To find out more information please check: http://gearman.info/ SEE ALSO
gearmand(8) libgearman(3) AUTHOR
Data Differential http://www.datadifferential.com/ COPYRIGHT
2012, Data Differential, http://www.datadifferential.com/ 0.33 May 04, 2012 GEARMAN_JOB_ST(3)