Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find systems logged in with a particular userid Post 302360458 by pludi on Friday 9th of October 2009 03:23:29 AM
Old 10-09-2009
That's already logged by the system. Take a look at the man pages for who and last. For example, in Linux you can get all the logins/logouts for the current day using
Code:
last -Fai | grep -E "$(LANG=C date '+%b %e').+$(date '+%Y')"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find station from where is logged in

for secure access purposes I want to know where somebody logs in working in K shell I have who am i= giving user and terminal =gxb pts/4 Jan 22 15:0 finger user => gives all sessions of user = Login name: gxb Directory: /home/gxb ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghislain
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the number of users logged in

Hi, can u say to display the number of users that logged before me. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanshine
10 Replies

3. Solaris

how to find who logged in

Hi, How do I find who logged in last 30 days? I have last command command, but is there any option to find only last 30 days? Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How can we find out who are all logged out recently?

Hi, I need to find out who are all the users logged out recently or some minutes or some hours ago. :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 4 users currently logged on can i use grep

For the first 4 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. It's not important the order in which each logged in i just want to have the top 4. Same question as here...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find top 3 users currently logged on

For the first 3 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mapping userid to an email in script

i have about 20 different users submitting a web form that executes a unix script in the background that sets EXECUTIONUSER to their unix id. i would like to use $EXECUTIONUSER to set their email address as EMAILADDR. of course their unix id does not match their email name either. for example: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find who logged in system apart from myself

Hi, I need to find the users logged in the system beside me. as uname -u gives all the user and uname -um gives the current user on system. How can i get result of uname -u minus uname -um . I want to do it in one line. tried with grep but not successful. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailash19
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Entry to block 9 characters userid

Hi Guys, I have one script which is used to add new user in the system. This is how we add new user in system:- sudo /opt/local/bin/new-user 114 ranivarm "Rani Varma(Libo Technical User)" INC00001111 Where 114:-is the site id ranivarm:- is userid "Rani Varma(Libo Technical User)" :-... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find users not logged in for 90 days

Dear All, I need your help in finding out users not logged in to linux system for more than 90 days. I found a script from our forum i am getting error while using that. from the code i have debugged line by line to see where i am getting the problem. i found out the below line i am getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachinlinux
5 Replies
PTHREAD_SETUGID_NP(2)					      BSD System Calls Manual					     PTHREAD_SETUGID_NP(2)

NAME
pthread_setugid_np -- Set the per-thread userid and single groupid. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/unistd.h> int pthread_setugid_np(uid_t uid, gid_t gid); DESCRIPTION
pthread_setugid_np() changes the current thread's effective, real, and saved userid and groupid to the requested userid and groupid ( uid and gid , respectively) and clears all other groupids. uid can be the current real userid, KAUTH_UID_NONE, or, if the caller is privileged, any userid. gid can be the current real groupid or, if the caller is priviledged, any single groupid. Setting uid to KAUTH_UID_NONE means to "revert to the per process credential". CAVEATS
Temporarily restoring root privileges for a non-privileged process is only possible on a per-process basis and not a per-thread basis. pthread_setugid_np() is not intended as a privilege escalation mechanism. Do not use pthread_setugid_np.2() in a security sensitive situation. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
pthread_setugid_np() fails if one or more of the following are true: [EPERM] The calling process does not have the correct credentials to set the override identity (i.e. The current credentials do not imply "super-user"). [EPERM] If uid is set to KAUTH_UID_NONE, the current thread must already be assuming another identity in order to revert back. [EPERM] The current thread cannot already be assuming another identity. SEE ALSO
setuid(2) setgid(2) seteuid(2) setegid(2) BSD
October 1, 2008 BSD