Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to get the files lists
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the files lists Post 302360454 by nmadhuhb on Friday 9th of October 2009 02:58:57 AM
Old 10-09-2009
Question How to get the files lists

Hi All,

Need the help in getting the file list which are generated for the time period.

example if i want to get the list of file generated between 11 to 12 clock.

i used the find command search the files with -cmin flag with -60.

find /home/test/* -cmin -60 -type f -exec ls {} \;

that will lists the files which are created within the 60 minutes since the command run.

if i run the command at 12:15 it will lists the files generated between 11:15 to 12:15

Pl give some suggestion me to how to get the files generated between 11:00 to 12:00

Thanks in advance..

Madhu

Last edited by nmadhuhb; 10-09-2009 at 04:08 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare lists of files

If I had a list of numbers in two different files, what would be the fastest and easiest way to find out which numbers in list B are not in list A without reading each number in list B one at a time and using grep thousands of times against list A? I have two very long lists of numbers and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing lists of integers in 1d files with bash shell

Hi, I need a script that will: 1. Go through about 20 different folders, each containing about 20 1d files. The 1d files go something like this: 22.253 37.707 78.117 112.374 127.944 156.067 180.956 233.785 249.256 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac130pilot
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - work with open files or write to @lists first?

I am dealing will many thousand fairy small files. I need to search them for various matches and depending on what I find, may need to search some files again for additional matches. Generally speaking, is it better to write a txt file to an @array/@list and then work with it (multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OldGaf
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that lists files with different owner than the folder

Hello, I'm trying to write a script which is listing files based on different preferences, like filetype or permissions. All is fine, except for one: I want to list files in /home which has a different owner than the home directory it is in. Here is an example: /home/UserA is the directory, and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zwiebi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two lists on two files

I have two files A and B listing ip addresses and all the ip addresses in B are in A, and A includes other ip addresses now I want to get the list of the ip addresses that are in A but not in B how to achieve this? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolvepolito
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count Unique values from multiple lists of files

Looking for a little help here. I have 1000's of text files within a multiple folders. YYYY/ /MM /1000's Files Eg. 2014/01/1000 files 2014/02/1237 files 2014/03/1400 files There are folders for each year and each month, and within each monthly folder there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple network files (edge lists)

I want to compare 4 edge-lists to basically see if an edge is present in all 4 networks. The issue is that an edge A-B in one file can be present as B-A in another file. Example: Input 1: net1.txt A B 0.1 C D 0.65 D E 0.9 E A 0.7 Input 2: net2.txt A Z 0.1 C D 0.65 E D 0.9 E A... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process 2 lists at the same time and move files.

I have this while loop, that works but is quite slow to process though. I'm hopping there might be a faster/better way to find what I'm looking for. I have 2 lists of numbers, and want to only find files where a file name has both values present. each list has about 100 values. while... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: whegra
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Only "File Names" in 2 Files with file lists having different directory structure

I have a tar arcive arch_all.tar.gz and 4 batched tar archive . These batches are supposed to have all the files form arch1.all.tar.gz arch1_batch1.tar.gz arch1_batch2.tar.gz arch1_batch3.tar.gz arch1_batch4.tar.gz my issue is that the directory structure in "arch_all.tar.gz" is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
6 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)