Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Howto Print File Path or Print the Filename Post 302360420 by zaxxon on Friday 9th of October 2009 01:00:11 AM
Old 10-09-2009
It's a lot of find runs depending on how many files you are searching for. To make it a bit more efficient I would go with something like this for example:
Code:
find /opt -type f -name "*.jpg" -o -name "*.gif" -print > found.out
grep -f list found.out > positive_list.out
grep -fv list found.out > negative_list.out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: howto print to screen & filehandle

Hello, I need to print messages both to screen and to file handle in perl , like tee does in unix . Any suggestions ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the filename

#!/bin/ksh for files in `ls *.gz` do gunzip -c $files | awk -v s=$files -F\" '{print s","$6}' done I have tried FILENAME parameter but it did not work please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harshakirans
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find locked files, print file path, unlock file

using OS X and the Terminal, I'd like to find all locked files in a specified directory, unlock them, and print a list of those files that were unlocked how can I do this? I'm familiar with chflags nouchg for unlocking one file but not familiar with unix enough to do what I'd like. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alternapop
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print: howto single quote not interpreted!?

cat a | awk -F";" '{print "update db set column=' "$2" ' where column1=\""$1"\";"}' > ip-add.sql Hi! I'm a new user! i need to use single quote in the double quotes print string The apex between che "$2" should not be interpreted, but....how?! I'm trying to use \ but don't work correctly! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Re DeL SiLeNziO
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only Filename based on given String on file name

Hi, I am new to this unix world. Any ways, I would like to write a shell script that can print the file name. Ex : directory will have 5 files with different name.No matter what are contents are. Now I need to find the file which will have particular name (sub string ).Please do not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akb2010
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print filename with awk

I can got the filename with this script. it's only show "-" in result. cut -d , -f7 CSV_d.* | awk 'OFS=":"{print FILENAME,substr($1,1,8),substr($1,9,2),substr($1,11,2),substr($1,13,2)}' | sort |uniq (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all filenames in directory with path to another file

hi, i have a directory at /path/unix with the following files 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 4.txt I want to make another file called filenames.txt at a different location called /path/home. So, my output file would be /path/home/filenames.txt with contents /path/unix/1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop to read file and use ${file} for both filename input into awk and as string to print

I have files named with different prefixes. From each I want to extract the first line containing a specific string, and then print that line along with the prefix. I've tried to do this with a while loop, but instead of printing the prefix I print the first line of the file twice. Files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

9. Linux

How to print full path name along with file extension?

Hi I have a requirement like this: /abc/a/x.txt /abc/a/y.txt /abc/b/x.gz /abc/b/y.txt I need output like this: /abc/a:*.txt /abc/b:*.txt /abc/b:*.gz I have tried find /abc -type f -name "*.*" ||awk -F . '{print $NF}' it is print only extensions without path name. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print contents of file when the file path is in a variable?

The file f1 contains the text "body" (shell prompt is "$"): $ cat ~/path/f1 body How to print contents of f1 when the f1 path is in a variable? Here is my failed attempt: $ f1="~/path/f1" $ echo $f1 ~/path/f1 $ cat $f1 cat: '~/path/f1': No such file or directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
2 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
vuname - print view information SYNOPSIS
vuname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain view information. With no OPTION, same as -s. OPTIONS
-a, --all print all information, in the following order, except omit -p and -i if unknown. -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type or "unknown" -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform or "unknown" -o, --operating-system print the operating system -U, --serverid print the view-os server id -V, --viewid print the view id -N, --viewname print the view name -x, --nouname do not use uname (without this flag the command behaves like uname when it runs on a non View-OS enabled environment). -q, --quiet quiet mode: error messages suppressed --help display a help message and exit --version output version information and exit SEE ALSO
umview(1),uname(1) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. VIEW-OS: a process with a view June 11, 2007 VIEW-OS(1)