Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to capture OS name using C/C++ code Post 302360408 by MrUser on Thursday 8th of October 2009 11:10:27 PM
Old 10-09-2009
Capture Os name

yeah,its working.

can you also tell us how this can be done on windows.
we need to know the structure name/ header file probably to print the OS details.

do we have any portable code which prints the OS name regardless of the OS we are using.

thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Oracle return code in shell script

I am using the following code in my shell script list=`sqlplus -s $user/$pwd@$dbms<<EOF WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select * from control_tbl where src_nm=$3 and extrct_nm=$4; exit SQL.SQLCODE; EOF` ERROR=$?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture ftp return code..PLZ HELP

Hi all, i have written a code to ftp a file from one server to other.The ftp is happeneing successfully,but i am not able to capture the return code,to check if ftp has failed. plz help me to find out the return code....this is urgent below is the code i have written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture status code and echo a message

Im trying to execute application and its return code is below IF Status code=o echo "........" else Staus Code =-2 DJRE then echo "......" Can any one help me how to handle the status code and echo some message. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to capture exit code for a bg job

If I execute a job in background (in ksh or bash), how would I capture the exit code for that job? Thanks, - CB (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture http response code from wget

Hi All, I am using wget to call a url..i am getting 202 if it is successful. if not i am forcing the response code to 417. how can i capture the response code and print 0 if it is 202 and 1 if it is not 202 any ideas, please share Thanks, Jack. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack3698
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files and capture return code

Hi, I would like to compare 2 files, and have a return code write to a file. regardless of the files contents are the same the code should be writing to a file (if both files contents are same then return code 0). A simple example will be great :) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khchong
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture script return code?

Hi I am executing database backup via shell script (Korn). The backup log is long, but I would like to capture only the last line so I can send an email if it fails Example of failed backup (only last 3 lines) BR0056I End of database backup: bejbofoh.aff 2012-07-26 07.31.21 BR0280I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture exit code of child script and send it to parent script?

#!/usr/local/bin/bash set -vx /prod/HotelierLinks/palaceLink/bin/PalacefilesWait /prod/HotelierLinks/palaceLink/bin/prodEnvSetup 03212013 & if then echo "fatal error: Palace/HardRock failed!!!!" 1>&2 echo "Palace Failed" | mail -s "Link Failed at Palace/HardRock" -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture 3 digit return code of ftp??

is it possible to capture the 3 digit return code of ftp commands in a local variable inside a shell script? Code: ftp remoteserver << EOFTP quote USER uid quote PASS pass prompt cd remote_directory mput file.txt bye EOFTP in the above script, if cd ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to retry FTP commands if unsuccessful and capture the failure status code.

I am using the below code to ftp file onto another server FTP_LOG_FILE=${CURR_PRG_NAME}- ${FTP_FILE}-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.log ftp -ivn ${FTP_HOST} ${FTP_PORT} << ENDFTP >> ${EDI_LOG_DIR}/${FTP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
2 Replies
TEXIFY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TEXIFY(1)

NAME
texify - format code for use with LaTeX SYNOPSIS
texify<input-type> [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
texify translates source code written in any of several different languages to latex(1) source files. The purpose is to make source code embedded in documents more readable, by providing syntax highliting. OPTIONS
-i FILE Read from FILE instead of standard input. -o FILE Write to FILE instead of standard output. -l LENGTH Limit line length to LENGTH. -t LENGTH Make a tab correspond to LENGTH spaces. Default is 6. -num INTERVAL Prefix output lines with the corresponding line number from the input, skipping INTERVAL lines between each time a prefix is added. An interval of 1 will ensure that every line is prefixed. -numsize exsize Replace the TeX code used to set the size of the line numbers. The default is footnotesize. INPUT TYPES
abel ABEL source code ada Ada source code asm Assembly code axiom AXIOM code B B source code beta BETA source code bison Bison source code c C source code c++ C++ source code idl OMG/CORBA IDL source code java Java source code lex Lex source code lisp LISP source code logla LOGLA source code matlab MATLAB script ml ML source code perl Perl source code promela Promela source code python Python source code scheme Scheme soruce code sim SIMULA source code sql SQL queries ruby Ruby source code vhdl VHDL description This manual page was written for the Debian operating system because the original program does not have a manual page. EXAMPLES
Say you want to format a Java source file. Just type: texifyjava < input.java > output.tex You can also format the output of some program without storing its output in a temporary file. If you want to format the output of a Post- greSQL database dump, just type: pg_dump foobar | texifysql > output.tex AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Morten Hustveit <morten@debian.org>. January 2003 TEXIFY(1)