Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Any ideas how to accomplish this storage move? Post 302360373 by Neo on Thursday 8th of October 2009 05:41:32 PM
Old 10-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by keelba
Does anyone have any other suggestions or know of other products that could handle a server to server copy?
Dump the data to tape(s) and transport the tape(s) to the second site (you can FedEx priority overnight if in the US, for example)

Sync each server with the backup tape(s) and then only move the data which has been updated since the dump to tape(s) over the network.

With a little planning, this is an economical solution with minimal downtime.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to accomplish this? Anyone

Hi All I am new to Linux and Shell scripting. So bear with me. I have two file the log.txt and the output.txt. The log.txt looks like this ------------------------------------------------------------------------- #### - r34327 | #####| 2008-03-31 10:18:35 -0400 (Mon, 31 Mar 2008) | 1 line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xossarian
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to accomplish this?

Guys, I'm here again with more questions. I have been asked to perform the following in a few servers: Check: OS system messages review Non-intrusive tests of the hardware SAN and network(ports,bandwidth and firewall/load balancer checks Any input how to accomplish all this? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
0 Replies

3. AIX

Cluster 6.1 storage move

HI AIX experts, We have a 2-node cluster version 6.1. Running 7 oracle dbs. Everything is on symmetrix. We are going to have a storage migration from one array to another. There will be SRDF setup between two arrays. I will be getting all the luns from new array. I am just looking for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
7 Replies

4. Linux

Move OS to storage disk

Hi We have RHEL 7.3 running from local disk and we want to move it to storage. I am unable to find any proper procedure to do this activity. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
4 Replies
GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE_BY_NAME(3)						 1					     GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE_BY_NAME(3)

geoip_country_code_by_name - Get the two letter country code

SYNOPSIS
string geoip_country_code_by_name (string $hostname) DESCRIPTION
The geoip_country_code_by_name(3) function will return the two letter country code corresponding to a hostname or an IP address. PARAMETERS
o $hostname - The hostname or IP address whose location is to be looked-up. RETURN VALUES
Returns the two letter ISO country code on success, or FALSE if the address cannot be found in the database. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A geoip_country_code_by_name(3) example This will print where the host example.com is located. <?php $country = geoip_country_code_by_name('www.example.com'); if ($country) { echo 'This host is located in: ' . $country; } ?> The above example will output: This host is located in: US NOTES
Caution Please see http://www.maxmind.com/en/iso3166 for a complete list of possible return values, including special codes. SEE ALSO
geoip_country_code3_by_name(3), geoip_country_name_by_name(3). PHP Documentation Group GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE_BY_NAME(3)