Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Metadevices in mirroring ?
Operating Systems Solaris Metadevices in mirroring ? Post 302360361 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 8th of October 2009 05:01:08 PM
Old 10-08-2009

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mirroring

I am running Solaris 10 and i need to mirror a 73 gig HD. How do you mirror one in Solaris? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewsdwarfs
2 Replies

2. SCO

Mirroring

How Can I Do Mirroring In Unix? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIMITRIOSDOUMOS
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Mirroring

Hi All i wish to mirror the root disk, but i face the below error. root@saturn # metainit d11 1 1 c0t0d0s0 metainit: saturn: c0t0d0s0: is mounted on / kindly assist... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
27 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with live upgrade creation: Telling me metadevices do not exist

Hi I am having a problem creating my live upgrade environment. Here is the error I get: root@server:/# lucreate -c SOL10_18May -n SOL10_19May -z /lu_excludelist -m /:dev/md/dsk/d0:ufs -m /var:/dev/md/dsk/d4:ufs -m /export/home:/dev/md/dsk/d6:ufs -m -:/dev/md/dsk/d3:swap -C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
0 Replies

5. Solaris

metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas)

Hi all, I recently started exploring Solaris 10. I am testing metadevices now. I have been reading about the state databases here: 6.State Database (Overview) (Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems So I created 3 metadbs on 2 slices (6 in total; c1t1d0s3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Metadevices deleted

Hi Guys, We have an issue, all metadb's on system was deleted and the system was rebooted. the system is currented mounted in single-user mode . its a x86 server. the volumes under SVM is as follows. / /var and /usr please suggest Please use code tags <- click the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM - Metadevices are offline after changing hostname solaris x86

Hi , We are facing an issue on one of our solaris x86 server, After changing the hostname and a orderly reboot , all metadevices shows offline. please let us know the steps to restore back all metadevices to working state with this new hostname (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
3 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS mirroring

Hello, I just build a Solaris 10 server on an x86 box. I forgot to mirror the two disks when I install the OS. Can I get some help with this? I have this # zpool list rpool 278G 5.77G 272G 2% ONLINE - # zpool status pool: online state: ONLINE scan: none requested config: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Creating metadevices

Hi I am new to SVM, but I would like to configure it in one of my servers. The setup is as follows: I have one server running solaris 10 , and is connected to a NetApp via iSCSI protocol. This is how I intend to do it: Ask the NetApp admin, to provide me with 3 LUNs of 100G each, them use the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
14 Replies
ATARAID(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ATARAID(4)

NAME
ataraid -- ATA software RAID support SYNOPSIS
device ata device ataraid DESCRIPTION
The ataraid driver provides support for so-called software RAID (sometimes referred to as fake RAID or pseudo RAID). When a controller that supports software RAID is instructed to create a RAID array, its BIOS writes data structures in a specific metadata format to the disks. These data structures are picked up by the ataraid driver, so that FreeBSD can work with the array. The ataraid driver has to understand the specific metadata format of a controller BIOS in order to support its RAID capabilities. Read-only support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Creation and rebuild of such arrays has to be done from the controller BIOS. Read and write support for a metadata format means that FreeBSD can use the given RAID array for normal read/write operations. Additionally, the atacontrol(8) utility can be used to create, rebuild, update and fail such RAID arrays. The ataraid driver can read the following metadata formats: o Adaptec HostRAID o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Highpoint V3 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o Integrated Technology Express (ITE) o JMicron o LSI Logic V2 MegaRAID o LSI Logic V3 MegaRAID o NVIDIA MediaShield o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Image Medley o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID The ataraid driver can write the following metadata formats: o Highpoint V2 RocketRAID o Intel MatrixRAID o JMicron o Promise FastTrak o Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) o VIA Tech V-RAID o FreeBSD PseudoRAID It is also possible to use software RAID on controllers that do not have special software RAID capabilities. See atacontrol(8) for details. FILES
/dev/ar* ATA RAID device nodes SEE ALSO
ata(4), atacontrol(8) CAVEATS
RAID5 is not supported at this time. Code exists, but it neither uses nor maintains parity information. AUTHORS
The ataraid driver was written by Soren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Christian Brueffer <brueffer@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
February 17, 2006 BSD