Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Query related to device naming of SATA Post 302360322 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 8th of October 2009 03:38:12 PM
Old 10-08-2009
it will see it as both... c0d0p0 for the fdisk partition and the solaris partion (labeld by fdisk as solaris2) will be seen as c0t0d0sx.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to #!/bin/sh

hi All Why is #!/bin/sh being used in most of the ksh scripts......? I have seen this (#!/bin/sh) being used at the start of the script Regards Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed related query

Hi I have a file which looks like this //string = "abcd"; //info //string = "*pqrs"; //add string = "#123"; //sub //string = "#1234567890" data = check(string) //string = "#1234567890" I want to modify this as string = "#987"; //mult data = check(string) How do i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk related query

hi, I have to extract a column from a file and then updated that column..?? Now i can use wak for extracting it and then how to update it.. $ awk' {print $5}' input_file Can i use sed command here piping it to the output from the awk command.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisek.says
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print related query

i Am using the below query and printing the $8 and $9 filed.. find /A/B/C/{1,3,5,7} -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.csv" -o -name "*.TXT" -o -name "*.dat" |xargs ls -ltr |awk '{print $8 ,$9}' > result.xls this give me the rsult like below.. 2008/home/ADMIN/om/1.txt 2008/home/ADMIN/om/hi.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sapan123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

query related to if

wht does below statement mean? if wht does dis -d option do?? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

6. Solaris

A query on Disk naming conventions in Solaris.

These are findings by me with my little experience with Solaris 10. Please correct me if wrong.. In x86 systems with ide hard disk: c= controller d=disk s=slice 1.Here controller c0 means the primary ide controller ide0. controller c1 means the secondary ide controller ide1. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

datetimestamp related query!

Hi all, I have put a query in a thread but didn't get any reply. Hoping to get a reply here. I have a file in that one line resembles like below... Forwarded by Deepak on 11/15/2009 10:28 AM EST ofcourse AM can be PM also... so what i need is first i need to get only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarty86
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A query related to 'ls' command

I am executing the ls command to show the contents of a folder, it shows some number in front of word total as highlighted in blue color below quotes. Can anyone please share that what it is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query related to grep

Hi All, The result for 'grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl' command will be saved at aa.txt grep "cert_codes" /develop/sales/appl.srce/*.4gl >aa.txt But I am not sure, whether, all result stored in .txt file in case of multi-line result. Please revert back if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbankar
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Interfaces related query

I need to list the interfaces that uses FTP instead of SFTP on my applications that are on AIX servers. How do I get that list of IP addresses that connect to my applications via FTP? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
PVRESIZE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       PVRESIZE(8)

NAME
pvresize - resize a disk or partition in use by LVM2 SYNOPSIS
pvresize [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [--setphysicalvolumesize size] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvresize resizes PhysicalVolume which may already be in a volume group and have active logical volumes allocated on it. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. --setphysicalvolumesize size Overrides the automatically-detected size of the PV. Use with care, or prior to reducing the physical size of the device. EXAMPLES
Expand the PV on /dev/sda1 after enlarging the partition with fdisk: pvresize /dev/sda1 Shrink the PV on /dev/sda1 prior to shrinking the partition with fdisk (ensure that the PV size is appropriate for your intended new parti- tion size): pvresize --setphysicalvolumesize 40G /dev/sda1 RESTRICTIONS
pvresize will refuse to shrink PhysicalVolume if it has allocated extents after where its new end would be. In the future, it should relo- cate these elsewhere in the volume group if there is sufficient free space, like pvmove does. pvresize won't currently work correctly on LVM1 volumes or PVs with extra metadata areas. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvmove(8), lvresize(8), fdisk(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVRESIZE(8)