Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: License expired
Operating Systems Solaris License expired Post 302360284 by sparcguy on Thursday 8th of October 2009 01:30:04 PM
Old 10-08-2009
Usually this kind of licenses are tied to either system server hostid or a specific ip address on the network interface. Both of which are unique so you can't try to fake it on other server since hostid is a chip on the system board, and having duplicate IP address on network will result in one of the servers crashing or performance problems. You need to find out from your vendor for cmis, since I dunno what is cmis software I cannot advice you.

Solaris 2.4 itself isn't y2k compliant. I remember there was a patch that makes it partially compliant. The bad news is 2.4 is already EOL long time ago (sol 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.51, 2.6, 7. 8. 9. 10) so I dunno if sun still hosts this patch on sunsolve, you can try searching SunSolve Home Page

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

License Expired

Hi: I´m working with a SCO system and during a reboot i accidentally change the date system. Now when i try to establish a telnet session the system reject me saying that the license has expired. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tavo23
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Non Expired Password

Hi, I am into production support and handling some of the AIX servers. We are planning to have a user id on a AIX system with non-expired password. Now the question is that if I have a non expired password then I cannot do a interactive login to AIX machine ( i:e cannot do Telnet ,SSH etc)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhhuu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompting for account that expired

I have this problem. Two accounts in an aix. Account A expired and it would auto prompt for new password when the user failed to log in, but Account B would not prompt for the new password. Instead it will only display "your account is expired. Please contact your administrator". I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayyap
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Root account is expired

Hi all, I am using redhat linux version 9 .I am unable to login to the system and i am getting a warninig sorry root account is expired . How can i activate the account. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallesh
2 Replies

5. Solaris

expired root password

We have expiration set on the root password for 30 days. the only way to login as root remotley is login as another user and then su as root. I logged in to the machine today tried to su as root, and got the message password has expired, use passwd to change but i cant get in as root.. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expired

Hi When i try to login with my username/password i get the following message 'Password for user 'lmathew' has expired - use passwd(1) to update it' please let me know what to do Thanks in advane Ammu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

7. Solaris

user expired

dear all iam trying to make user expire and it not suceeded with me iam trying useradd -e and it not succeeded (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX users got expired !

Guy's .. I have faced an issue in AIX server, users got expired without asking me about the expiration and did not asking me to change the old password moreover will not accept my login with old password any more until reset the ID with new password Pls assist in this to how configure the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Updating the license tag in XML file with new license

Hi All, I have a XML file : System.xml in which I want to update the license tag with the new data from file licence.xml. The content of files is in following format: System.xml: <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE Configuration SYSTEM "SystemVariables.dtd"> <usageConfiguration... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_T
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Never Expired for root password

Never expired for root password Guy's I want to change the setting to keep the root password to be nerved expired! Please advice with the sitting! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
9 Replies
GETHOSTID(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      GETHOSTID(3)

NAME
gethostid, sethostid - get or set the unique identifier of the current host SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> long gethostid(void); int sethostid(long hostid); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): gethostid(): _BSD_SOURCE || _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 500 || _XOPEN_SOURCE && _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED sethostid(): _BSD_SOURCE || (_XOPEN_SOURCE && _XOPEN_SOURCE < 500) DESCRIPTION
gethostid() and sethostid() respectively get or set a unique 32-bit identifier for the current machine. The 32-bit identifier is intended to be unique among all UNIX systems in existence. This normally resembles the Internet address for the local machine, as returned by geth- ostbyname(3), and thus usually never needs to be set. The sethostid() call is restricted to the superuser. RETURN VALUE
gethostid() returns the 32-bit identifier for the current host as set by sethostid(). On success, sethostid() returns 0; on error, -1 is returned, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
sethostid() can fail with the following errors: EACCES The caller did not have permission to write to the file used to store the host ID. EPERM The calling process's effective user or group ID is not the same as its corresponding real ID. CONFORMING TO
4.2BSD; these functions were dropped in 4.4BSD. SVr4 includes gethostid() but not sethostid(). POSIX.1-2001 specifies gethostid() but not sethostid(). NOTES
In the glibc implementation, the hostid is stored in the file /etc/hostid. (In glibc versions before 2.2, the file /var/adm/hostid was used.) In the glibc implementation, if gethostid() cannot open the file containing the host ID, then it obtains the hostname using gethostname(2), passes that hostname to gethostbyname_r(3) in order to obtain the host's IPv4 address, and returns a value obtained by bit-twiddling the IPv4 address. (This value may not be unique.) BUGS
It is impossible to ensure that the identifier is globally unique. SEE ALSO
hostid(1), gethostbyname(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2010-09-20 GETHOSTID(3)