Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to capture OS name using C/C++ code Post 302360247 by MrUser on Thursday 8th of October 2009 11:48:23 AM
Old 10-08-2009
how to capture Os name

on which system it works.
on Windows its giving

#include <sys/utsname.h>

is not present.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Oracle return code in shell script

I am using the following code in my shell script list=`sqlplus -s $user/$pwd@$dbms<<EOF WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select * from control_tbl where src_nm=$3 and extrct_nm=$4; exit SQL.SQLCODE; EOF` ERROR=$?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

capture ftp return code..PLZ HELP

Hi all, i have written a code to ftp a file from one server to other.The ftp is happeneing successfully,but i am not able to capture the return code,to check if ftp has failed. plz help me to find out the return code....this is urgent below is the code i have written... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture status code and echo a message

Im trying to execute application and its return code is below IF Status code=o echo "........" else Staus Code =-2 DJRE then echo "......" Can any one help me how to handle the status code and echo some message. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to capture exit code for a bg job

If I execute a job in background (in ksh or bash), how would I capture the exit code for that job? Thanks, - CB (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture http response code from wget

Hi All, I am using wget to call a url..i am getting 202 if it is successful. if not i am forcing the response code to 417. how can i capture the response code and print 0 if it is 202 and 1 if it is not 202 any ideas, please share Thanks, Jack. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack3698
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files and capture return code

Hi, I would like to compare 2 files, and have a return code write to a file. regardless of the files contents are the same the code should be writing to a file (if both files contents are same then return code 0). A simple example will be great :) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khchong
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture script return code?

Hi I am executing database backup via shell script (Korn). The backup log is long, but I would like to capture only the last line so I can send an email if it fails Example of failed backup (only last 3 lines) BR0056I End of database backup: bejbofoh.aff 2012-07-26 07.31.21 BR0280I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture exit code of child script and send it to parent script?

#!/usr/local/bin/bash set -vx /prod/HotelierLinks/palaceLink/bin/PalacefilesWait /prod/HotelierLinks/palaceLink/bin/prodEnvSetup 03212013 & if then echo "fatal error: Palace/HardRock failed!!!!" 1>&2 echo "Palace Failed" | mail -s "Link Failed at Palace/HardRock" -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture 3 digit return code of ftp??

is it possible to capture the 3 digit return code of ftp commands in a local variable inside a shell script? Code: ftp remoteserver << EOFTP quote USER uid quote PASS pass prompt cd remote_directory mput file.txt bye EOFTP in the above script, if cd ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to retry FTP commands if unsuccessful and capture the failure status code.

I am using the below code to ftp file onto another server FTP_LOG_FILE=${CURR_PRG_NAME}- ${FTP_FILE}-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.log ftp -ivn ${FTP_HOST} ${FTP_PORT} << ENDFTP >> ${EDI_LOG_DIR}/${FTP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 user ${FTP_USER} ${FTP_PSWD} lcd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
2 Replies
PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)													      PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_activate - activate a capture handle SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_activate(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_activate() is used to activate a packet capture handle to look at packets on the network, with the options that were set on the handle being in effect. RETURN VALUE
pcap_activate() returns 0 on success without warnings, PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP on success on a device that doesn't support promiscuous mode if promiscuous mode was requested, PCAP_WARNING_TSTAMP_TYPE_NOTSUP on success if the time stamp type specified in a previous pcap_set_tstamp_type() call isn't supported by the capture source (the time stamp type is left as the default), PCAP_WARNING on success with any other warning, PCAP_ERROR_ACTIVATED if the handle has already been activated, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE if the capture source specified when the handle was created doesn't exist, PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED if the process doesn't have permission to open the capture source, PCAP_ERROR_PROMISC_PERM_DENIED if the process has permission to open the capture source but doesn't have permission to put it into promiscuous mode, PCAP_ERROR_RFMON_NOTSUP if monitor mode was specified but the capture source doesn't support monitor mode, PCAP_ERROR_IFACE_NOT_UP if the capture source is not up, and PCAP_ERROR if another error occurred. If PCAP_WARNING or PCAP_ERROR is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display a message describing the warning or error. If PCAP_WARNING_PROMISC_NOTSUP, PCAP_ERROR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, or PCAP_ERROR_PERM_DENIED is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display an message giving additional details about the problem that might be useful for debugging the problem if it's unexpected. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP) 5 April 2008 PCAP_ACTIVATE(3PCAP)