Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris d240 media tray is automatically restarting on sunfire 6800 Post 302360188 by pupp on Thursday 8th of October 2009 09:30:09 AM
Old 10-08-2009
from the system controller, can you find any log files that maybe showing some errors? is domain c still active and up while the d240 is rebooting itself or is the whole domain rebooting itself?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tray selection using lp command

I have a HP laserjet 9000 printer on a Sun Solaris server. I try to print using lp command to different trays. But it gives an error. The command that i used is lp -dprinter_queue -otray2 file_name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avinashrm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tray selection

Hello All, Could anyone help me how to selecting the trays in unix . Thanks, Amit kul (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit kul
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Laserjet 4+ specify tray to print to

Is it possible to specify the tray you would like to print to in AIX? We are using the laserjet 4+ driver. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sunfire 6800 / sol 8 / scadm

Good morning all Once again, I come seeking wisdom :-) I have a sunfire 6800 with two domains. Both Sc controllers are uncontactabe, probably due to network issues, but as the server is on a different site, Im a little stuck. So, am trying to use scadm, as I know I can view / configure... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun 6800 - SC's- neither are contactable!

Hi all In a bit of a pickle here and need some help. I have a 6800, with 2 SC controllers. I have a terminal concentrator ( TC ) attached to the serial ports. I cant ping / telnet these sc controllers, and when on the TC, I cant connect into them either. I am able to telnet to other servers... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
21 Replies

6. AIX

chvirprt and tray 1

Hi, I'm not able to print on tray 1. I checked the configuration and I get these 3 options: $lsvirprt -q print1 -d hp@xprint -a _O Name Description Value _O Type of INPUT PAPER HANDLING (backward 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: imad77
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Fan Tray for Sunfire T2000

Recently the rear fan assembly of one of our T2000 servers went faulty. I could replace it immediately with the one from a currently powered off standby machine. But now this one has to be replaced. So I got a quote from our supplier who charges EUR 776 for a new spare part or EUR 405 (all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
0 Replies

8. Linux

Required Icon Tray in Linux

Hello I am using linux machine. I need Icon tray in this. "Icon Tray" contains all the icons which we open in the workspace. As such, these icons appear at the bottom (similar to windows i.e.when we open internetexplorer, Word, XLs, these icons appear in the bottom) I have to open so many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

WARNING: init(1M) exited on fatal signal 9: restarting automatically

Have you ever got these : WARNING: init(1M) exited on fatal signal 9: restarting automatically and how did you solve it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaABB
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)