Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Help Make a spoofing DNS using pcap library Post 302360185 by fpmurphy on Thursday 8th of October 2009 09:20:34 AM
Old 10-08-2009
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using Cygwin, how do I make eclipse recognize C's Socket library?

Hi, I am trying to develop a simple program that uses Sockets. I have a windows machine and MUST use C++. I found out that I can use C's Socket (#include <sys/socket.h>) API calls, but this is only possible on a unix machine. So I installed Cygwin to imitate a unix environment on my windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannabeTekkie
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spoofing paths.

There is a program that I am trying to run on a shell account. It depends on another program, which I have also copied to the shell account. Both are in my home directory, yet the first program has a different path hardcoded into it, which I cannot use because of permissions problems. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahadsadah
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make/Oracle : Unable to find library 'libclntsh.sl.9.0

Hi all, If any of DBA/build experts can help me on solving this issue, it would be of great help: Recently Oracle was upgraded from 9.2.0.6 to 9.2.0.8 version, after this our C/ProC build is is erroring out by giving the following error : 860:/usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unable to find library... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

MAC Address spoofing

There is a question in the SCO section asking for information on how to change the MAC address of a NIC. Is there a valid reason for wanting to change the MAC address? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Protection against arp spoofing

Hi, I'm trying to find a way to protect my network against arp spoofing. What it is: An attacker sends fake arp packets in the network, identifying himself as the router. All network traffic is then redirected to this attacker. How to protect myself: In my opinion, the best possible... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisperry
2 Replies

6. Programming

Boost library path for cmake & make

I was compiling a downloaded open source pkg. Following the install instruction, I did $ mkdir build; cd build; cmake ../; make but got error message:make: *** No rule to make target 'usr/lib64/lib64/libboost_graph-mt.so.5'. needed by ../bin.gam-create. stop make: *** Error 2 make: *** Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to make use others' C library installed not for the system-wide (Ubuntu/Linux)?

I have downloaded and installed a library called htslib for specific bioinformatic use but not for the system (I'm using Ubuntu 18.04). Only parts of the library is needed for my exercise to parse data in a type called VCF format (basically tab-delimited file but contains many information in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
14 Replies
PCAP_COMPILE(3PCAP)													       PCAP_COMPILE(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_compile - compile a filter expression SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_compile(pcap_t *p, struct bpf_program *fp, const char *str, int optimize, bpf_u_int32 netmask); DESCRIPTION
pcap_compile() is used to compile the string str into a filter program. See pcap-filter(7) for the syntax of that string. program is a pointer to a bpf_program struct and is filled in by pcap_compile(). optimize controls whether optimization on the resulting code is per- formed. netmask specifies the IPv4 netmask of the network on which packets are being captured; it is used only when checking for IPv4 broadcast addresses in the filter program. If the netmask of the network on which packets are being captured isn't known to the program, or if packets are being captured on the Linux "any" pseudo-interface that can capture on more than one network, a value of PCAP_NET- MASK_UNKNOWN can be supplied; tests for IPv4 broadcast addresses will fail to compile, but all other tests in the filter program will be OK. RETURN VALUE
pcap_compile() returns 0 on success and -1 on failure. If -1 is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argu- ment to fetch or display the error text. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap_setfilter(3PCAP), pcap_freecode(3PCAP), pcap_geterr(3PCAP), pcap-filter(7) 5 April 2008 PCAP_COMPILE(3PCAP)