Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers share directory from linux to unix Post 302360160 by pludi on Thursday 8th of October 2009 08:21:46 AM
Old 10-08-2009
In Linux there isn't a 'share' command. Instead, edit the /etc/exports file per your requirements, and then reload the NFS server, eg
Code:
/etc/init.d/nfsserver reload

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Directory Structure

Does anyone know of a good Internet source that explains the directory structure of Unix/Linux?? Thanks Gregg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
2 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I share a directory in UNIX for another UNIX server?

Hi, Here's my newbie question! I've two servers with Oracle on. I've created an oralce export (10 GB) on server 1. Server 2 does not have enough space to copy the export and import it. I'd like to import the export from server 1 to server 2 remotely. If this was windows I'd create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryBunny
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to share a directory in AIX to access from Solaris and windows?

Hi All, I am basically new to this forum as well as AIX. To share some huge files between 2 servers I thought of creating a shared Directory in my AIX machine to access it in Solaris. I am very new to this AIX. Help me out how can u share a directory in AIX to access (mount) it on Solaris. Hope... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuchoudary_g
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Server Network Settings - Share Directory Structure

Hello Unix Gurus Who I Hope Reads This, I have quasi-inherited control over a Linux cluster at a university research lab. The post-doc that set it up is gone, and the person in charge of administering the cluster doesn't know a ton about Linux. Amongst other things, I want to use the cluster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbl
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

compare/diff two directory in two different linux/unix machine

Hi, I have two server , one linux and one unix . I want to compare two different directry in them . What command or tool I can use instead of search the dir one by one ??? thank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory / File changes on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux

I have a requirement to copy the changed file on CIFS share mounted on Red Hat Linux to a remote FTP/SFTP server. I tried inotify-tools, but this didn't track the modified files. Has anyone tried incron or any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupeAlok
1 Replies
MOUNTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 MOUNTD(8)

NAME
mountd -- service remote NFS mount requests SYNOPSIS
Obsolete. See nfsd(8). DESCRIPTION
The mountd daemon was formerly the server for NFS mount requests from NFS clients. This functionality has been moved into the NFS server daemon nfsd(8). Please refer to nfsd(8) for NFS server documenation. The following is a list of former mountd options that are now available as nfsd(8) options: mountd option nfsd option Description -n -N allow non-root mounts -r -R allow regular file mounts exportsfile -F exportsfile alternate exports file However, such configuration options are normally specified via nfs.conf(5). When the NFS server is started, it loads the export host addresses and options into the kernel using the nfssvc(2) system call. After chang- ing the list of exports (either directly or indirectly via a change in netgroup membership), the administrator should send a hangup signal to the nfsd daemon to get it to reload the export information: kill -s HUP `cat /var/run/nfsd.pid` For backwards compatibility, the following should also work: kill -s HUP `cat /var/run/mountd.pid` Any errors encountered while processing the export entries will be logged via syslog(3). FILES
/etc/exports the list of exported filesystems /var/run/mountd.pid the pid of the currently running mountd /var/run/mountdtab the current list of outstanding mounts served /var/run/mountdexptab information about exported file systems and directories (UUIDs, handles, ...) SEE ALSO
nfsd(8), exports(5), nfs.conf(5), nfsstat(1), portmap(8), showmount(8) HISTORY
The mountd utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. It's functionality was merged into nfsd(8) in Darwin 9. BSD
November 10, 2006 BSD