Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: find matches in file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find matches in file Post 302360113 by danmero on Thursday 8th of October 2009 07:01:15 AM
Old 10-08-2009
Code:
awk '{a[$1]++}END{for(i in a)print i" matches "a[i]}' file

To keep the forums high quality for all users, please take the time to format your posts correctly.
  1. Use Code Tags when you post any code or data samples so others can easily read your code.
    You can easily do this by highlighting your code and then clicking on the # in the editing menu. (You can also type code tags [code] and [/code] by hand.)
  2. Avoid adding color or different fonts and font size to your posts.
    Selective use of color to highlight a single word or phrase can be useful at times, but using color, in general, makes the forums harder to read, especially bright colors like red.
  3. Be careful when you cut-and-paste, edit any odd characters and make sure all links are working property.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a string, check the next line, and if it matches certain criteria, replace it with a s

Hey Fellas. I am new to scripting. I have searched through the forums and found a lot of good info, but I can't seem to get any of it to work together. I am trying to find a particular sting in a file, and if the next string matches certain criteria, replace it with a string from a csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: midniteslice
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find/grep returns no matches

Hi all! I've faced with very unintelligible error using find/grep like this: root@v29221:~# find /var/www/igor/data/www/lestnitsa.ru | grep u28507I get nothing as a result, but: root@v29221:~# grep u28507 /var/www/igor/data/www/lestnitsa.ru/_var.inc $db_name = 'u28507';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulrith
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories that contains more than n matches of a certain filename

I need to construct a command that finds directories which contains more than n matches of a certain filename. E.g. I have many directories at different locations and want to find all directories that has 2 or more .dat-files. I thought of using find and maybe the exec parameter to issue an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: odyssey
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipe binary file matches grep results to file

I am using grep to match a pattern, but the output is strange. $ grep -r -o "pattern" * Gives me: Binary file foo1 matches Binary file foo2 matches Binary file foo3 matches To find the lines before/after, I then have to use the following on each file: $ strings foo1 | grep -A1 -B1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

zgrep cannot find all matches

$ cat 1.csv abc in csv $ cat 1.mnf abc in mnf $ zip 1.zip 1.csv 1.mnf adding: 1.csv (stored 0%) adding: 1.mnf (stored 0%) $ zgrep abc 1.zip abc in csv How come zgrep cannot find "abc in mnf"? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file that matches today's date in filename and move to /tmp in bash

I'm having problems with my bash script. I would like to find a file matching today's date in the filename, i.e. my_file_20120902.txt and then move it to a different directory, i.e. /tmp. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matches and write the data before it

Hi all I am here for help once again I have two files One file is like this with one columns F2 B2 CAD KGM HTC CSP Second file is like this in 5 columns where firs column contain sometime entries of first file with space and other entries (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required 3 lines above the file and below file when string matches

i had requirement like i need to get "error" line of above 3 and below 3 from a file .I tried with the below script.But it's not working. y='grep -n -i error /home/file.txt|cut -c1' echo $y head -$y /home/file.txt| tail -3 >tmp.txt tail -$y /home/file.txt head -3 >>tmp.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

find pattern matches in consecutive lines in certain fields-awk

I have a text file with many thousands of lines, a small sample of which looks like this: InputFile:PS002,003 D -1 5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 6 6 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 509 0 PS002,003 PSQ 0 1 7 18 1 0 -1 1 1 3 -1 -1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a text and if condition matches then replace it

Need a script that can find text in a file and replace it accordingly. This is the file I have: while IFS=',' read -r f1 f2 f3 do { nohup /home/testuser/dbmaintenance/sys_offline_maintenance.sh $f1 $f2 $f3 > $f2.out & } done < "/home/testuser/dbmaintenance/week1offlineserver.txt" In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhhe
4 Replies
tgt-setup-lun(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  tgt-setup-lun(8)

NAME
tgt-setup-lun - creates a target, adds a device to the target and defines initiators that can connect to the target SYNOPSIS
tgt-setup-lun -d device -n target_name [initiator_IP1 initiator_IP2 ...] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Starts tgtd if necessary and creates a target according to the supplied target_name. The format of the target name is as follows: iqn.2001-04.com.<hostname>-<target_name> The target name must be unique. The script then adds the requested device to the target. If specific IP addresses are defined, it adds them to the list of allowed initia- tors for that target. If no IP addresses is defined, it defines that the target accepts any initiator. EXAMPLES
Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections only from 192.168.10.81 and 192.168.10.82: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target 192.168.10.81 192.168.10.82 Create a target that uses /dev/sdb1 and allows connections from any initiator: tgt-setup-lun -d /dev/sdb1 -n my_target Display help: tgt-setup-lun -h AUTHOR
Written by Erez Zilber REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <stgt@vger.kernel.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Voltaire Ltd. 2008. tgt-setup-lun(8)