Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using if statement to check file size Post 302359999 by aemunathan on Thursday 8th of October 2009 01:56:38 AM
Old 10-08-2009
using if statement to check file size

Hi,

Am trying to execute certain commands if the condition satisfied, but i feel i am making some mistakes in the usage of if statement

here is the code
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
SIZE=$(ls -ltr /aemu/ws/DN.txt  | tr -s ' ' | cut -d ' ' -f 5)
filename=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d`
ZERO=0

if [$SIZE=$ZERO ] 
then
cp /aemu/ws/DN.txt /aemu/ws/backup/dn/$filename
echo $SIZE
fi
exit

am getting the error as

Quote:
# ./checksizeANDmove
./checksizeANDmove[6]: [0=0: not found
#
Aemunathan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check file size

I need a unix script that will check the size of multiple files in the same directory or from a text file. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnita
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file size check

How can I perform size check of any character file(which switch)? For example: I have to perform certain actions if file size is not zero. How can I do that? Is this syntax fine? if test ! -z $filename then fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a file exists using the if statement

Hi, I'm trying to write a bit of code that will check if a file exists and then archives the file Im trying to use the following if statement without success.. if then mv filename archive/filename else echo "no filename exists" fi Should the file name be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file is there not in linux using if statement

How to check file is there not in linux using if statement ? Please do put one example if possible. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskbalu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement to check file exists

Hi All, If i run below copy command, it works absolutely fine, /opt/csw/bin/scp axetlxyz01:/opt/data/test/QURIES* ./input I want to make the above line better, by adding an IF statement, want to check if there is any file exists with name QURIES*.* then i need to copy that. if ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file size - help

I want to write a batch job (ksh) with the following requirement we have file feeds coming to our system from other team, if the file size is greater than expected then we dont need to process the file for the day and need to archive the file and send email notification to the manager saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the file size

if ; then cp /tmp/testfolder/*.* ~/new/logs/ else echo "No files today" exit fi The problem is this doen't work when there is more than 1 file. Please tell me how to take the latest file and check the size of the file in a directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a file size

I'm doing a script thats check if mylogfile.log is bigger then 5000 but i dont know how to write it. thanks in avance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Froob
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size check

I am trying to check whether two files are empty or not using below if condition but its checking for only one file if ] Again I tried if && ] Need your assistance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to check file transfer

Hello Guys, I am trying scp few file within if statement, but getting error, can someone please help to understand, what mistake I am making ? if && ] ; then echo " Files transferred to Log servers successfully. " else echo " One or more file transfer failed over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
10 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specified size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=RFILE base size on RFILE -s, --size=SIZE set or adjust the file size by SIZE bytes --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE is an integer and optional unit (example: 10M is 10*1024*1024). Units are K, M, G, T, P, E, Z, Y (powers of 1024) or KB, MB, ... (powers of 1000). SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: '+' extend by, '-' reduce by, '<' at most, '>' at least, '/' round down to multiple of, '%' round up to multiple of. GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report truncate translation bugs to <http://translationpro- ject.org/team/> AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.22 June 2014 TRUNCATE(1)