Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the directory modified/created before 4 days Post 302359770 by thegeek on Wednesday 7th of October 2009 10:49:04 AM
Old 10-07-2009
Ensure that you have directories you have created/modified 4 days before.

Put an ls of it and verify, also show here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to zip a modified file 15 days before but not scanning my sub directory files

I am using zip -m option to zip my files, but i dont want my sub directories files to be zipped (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skrish70
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl find directory only if modified in last hour

I want a one liner perl command to find a directory only if the modified time is within the last hour I am running this on windows - and I will define a variable for the result. So for example I want to return value of 1 for the variable if the modified time of d:\test1 is within the last... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories only and delete them created 3 days before

Hello I have some directories and files created under /export/local/user I would like to delete directories only under /export/local/user, created before 3 days Can someone help me with command to do this task? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find files created some days before?

HI, I have 2 questions. 1> Is there any code to see files that created some day or some time before in a directory??? 2> how or where i will find the last exit status of a process?? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find unix file created how many days ago?

i want to find unix file created how many days ago? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the newly created directory

Hi, I need to create new directory by increasing the number by 1 of extracted lastly created directory. e.g. Log\out_log_1\ Log\out_log_2\ Log\out_log_3\ become Log\out_log_1\ Log\out_log_2\ Log\out_log_3\ Log\out_log_4\ Can anyone help how to do it in c-shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andre_2008
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the sum of files created 5 days before

Hi, I want to find the sum of all the files created 5 days ago and store it in a variable. (os is HP-UX) can this be extracted from ls -l Is there any other way of getting the sum of all the files created (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find the latest modified file in a directory

I am trying to fetch the latest modified file from a directory using the command find . -type f -exec ls -lt \{\} \+ | head | awk '{print $9}' After the O/P, I get the below mentioned error and the command doesnt terminate at all. find: ls terminated by signal 13 find: ls terminated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
lchage(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lchage(1)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration (i.e. to ignore --mindays, and --maxdays and related settings). Set days to 0 to enforce password change on next login. (This also disables password expiration until the password is changed.) -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user is required to change the password). Set days to -1 to keep the account enabled indefinitely after password expiration. -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 or -1 to disable this requirement. If this value is larger than the value set by --maxdays, the user cannot change the pasword. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). Set days to 0 or -1 to disable the warning. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. NOTES
Note that "account expiration" (set by --expire) is distinct from "password expiration" (set by --maxdays). Account expiration happens on a fixed date regardless of password changes. Password expiration is relative to the date of last password change. libuser Nov 8 2012 lchage(1)